Cool record player (super-duper expensive)

But it looks nice!

I found this on the Kanye West blog, which has some great stuff!

Kanye Blog: http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=241571_-1__0_%257E0_-1_5_2008_0_0&em3161&em3281

Galibier Design: http://www.galibierdesign.com/prd_stelvio.html

[image]

it costs $15,000!!!! I suppose if you're spending loads and loads of money on super-rare collectors vinyl it would be fitting that you listen to it on a super-expensive player. I bet it's like an orgasm in your ears.

I know if your buying a table like that your not exactly short of money, but just think how many records 15k would get. you. I think i would be upset if i dropped 1K on a TT, let alone the rest. 15k get all my debt paid off and a car.

Don't get me started on the $150,000.00 TT, i love records but all that time and money on researching how to play a record...i mean come on that much money and resources could probably find a cure for cancer!

This may have been posted already, but have you guys seen this?

[image]

This isn't real.

Are you sure? I saw this in a local magazine and they interviewed someone who was behind this and from what I can tell they sounded pretty real about it. Not that I want one, I absolutley don't. Just thought I should post it.

^ I think that's true. Plus, the record must be completely dust-free, otherwise the laser reads the dust and it sounds like shit.

who here has ever slid a completely dust-free LP out of the sleeve OR even been able to clean a record so well that it doesn't have an dust etc on it (without spending weeks cleaning it either)?

wont be buying one of these laser jobs anytime ever.

Are you sure? I saw this in a local magazine and they interviewed someone who was behind this and from what I can tell they sounded pretty real about it. Not that I want one, I absolutley don't. Just thought I should post it.

I would totally get this.

As would I...obviously, it is not an audiophile setup, but I think it has a cool aesthetic value to it.