Horror Movie Thread

the impaled girl was pretty awesome looking. i remember reading a while back that they made the director go and show them how he did it. they took a bicycle seat and rigged it with that. yeah, the turtle killing was wicked!

Did you read this in Rue Morgue? Cuz I think I read the same article. Top notch horror movie magazine.

i can't leave out demons 1 and demons 2. argento, what can i say. demons 1 is 5 on my all time favorite movies list. gore and rock and roll. enough said

The 2 Demons movies are the only Dario Argento movies I really liked. But then.... he didn't direct them. Now Asia is another story. I'll sit through the shittiest flick just to see more of her. Soooooo Hot!!!!!

i didn't read the article. i saw an interview about 5 years ago about this. bava is the shit and asia is gorgeous. especially in phantom of the opera, land of the dead. she's also really hot in the stendhal syndrome, check it out if you wish, but it is an argento movie

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No movie thoughts today. Just wanted to say that all will be right in the world if I receive a 15" Sam vinyl collectible from Sideshow Toys this Christmas. That thing is soooo sweet!!! I've collected classic Universal Monsters stuff and anything from The Goon for years. Now it's time to add Halloween's newest icon to the list. Sam is my hero!

this weekend i watched a few horror movies:

Undead

diary of the dead

dawn of the dead (remake)

drag me to hell-- this was pretty terrible

cemetery man

and i fell asleep shortly after watching blood car.

watched more movies this weekend than i watched all last month.

"Undead" had a really cool premise. And some nice death scenes too. Good little Aussie zombie flick. I actually liked "Drag Me To Hell". Don't know anything about "Blood Car". How's it? It's been my experience that most flicks with the name "Blood" in the title have sucked. Is that true here?

this weekend i watched a few horror movies:

Undead

diary of the dead

dawn of the dead (remake)

drag me to hell <-- this was pretty terrible

cemetery man

and i fell asleep shortly after watching blood car.

watched more movies this weekend than i watched all last month.

"Undead" had a really cool premise. And some nice death scenes too. Good little Aussie zombie flick. I actually liked "Drag Me To Hell". Don't know anything about "Blood Car". How's it?

Yeah i loved Undead... better than black sheep

I couldnt give bloodcar a fair review since i was about to fall asleep when i put it on, and i think i made it about 10 mins before passing out. I hate sitting on my comfortable ass couch when im tired.

I am sure it will be cheesy as hell. its basically, gas is $40 bucks a gallon, and a dude makes a car that runs on human blood... I am sure fun will ensue.

A few comments :

Deagirl had a interesting concept but beyond poor execution. Lots of nonexistent dialog and teen drama which took away from the movie.

Salo is fucking lame. There is no reason this movie ever had to be made.

Cannibal Holocaust is lame. The only thing shocking about this movie is how over hyped and entertaining it is.

Takashi Miike and Dario Argento are largely overrated. Takashi moreso than Dario. I applaud anyone who can make it through the unedited version of Gozu in one sitting and not want to kill themselves.

Cemetery Man is existential art film wrapped in a horror film. It's one of my favorite movies of all time. I'm glad I got to see it in it's theatrical release.

FUCKIN' SUSPIRIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is my second favorite of all time, right behind the original Dawn Of The Dead. Argento has this way of making blood and gore the most beautiful sights you will ever see on film. he makes colors so vivid and the blood so bright, especially in Suspiria. the first 18 minutes of this movie are probably some of the most intense ever put on film. I believe he modeled this around Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and it was the last movie filmed in 3 strip technicolor. i heard natalie portman was financing a remake of this. it's heartbreaking because it will probably suck. there is no way they can pull that opening scene off, well at least deliver it w/as much impact as the original.

i wouldn't consider Suspiria a slasher movie. i would consider it more of a supernatural horror movie in the vein of Phenomenon and The Beyond. witchcraft and all that. you will never look at stain glass the same way again.

i would consider Eraserhead a horror movie, good call on that.

Yeah that's true Suspiria is more supernatural than slasher, but I do think it has some of the same type of elements as a slasher movie, but you're right about it being supernatural. I do however think that it was probably an influence on the slasher genre, not as much as Halloween for instance but still an influence. It is very beautifully shot.

Yeah the remake is going to suck but I'm sure I'll watch it anyway.

I fucking LOVE Argento!!!

I have a pretty big collection of Argento stuff going. Check out my blog, its a few posts down.

Thanks.

http://theratsarecoming.bogspot.com