Horror Movie Thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, 'audition' is really fucking creepy. not new, though.

I love audition but I was so suprised at how long it takes to get creepy... I was like "wait are we watching the right movie" then at the end POW it gets you... love that movie

I am a super huge asian horror fan

pretty much all the movies that were remade I love the asain versions ringu, the eye (my favorite ever), dark water, pulse, shutter, ju-on etc

for movies that were not remade

ichi the killer

old boy

three extremes (sooooo creepy)

a tale of 2 sisters

suicide club

infection

Marebito

Whispering Corridors

face

Imprint

Witch Board Bunshinsaba

the maid

and the list could go on

I love audition but I was so suprised at how long it takes to get creepy... I was like "wait are we watching the right movie" then at the end POW it gets you... love that movie

I am a super huge asian horror fan

pretty much all the movies that were remade I love the asain versions ringu, the eye (my favorite ever), dark water, pulse, shutter, ju-on etc

for movies that were not remade

ichi the killer

old boy

three extremes (sooooo creepy)

a tale of 2 sisters

suicide club

infection

Marebito

Whispering Corridors

face

Imprint

Witch Board Bunshinsaba

the maid

and the list could go on

I like a lot of the same movies you do Kelly.

Have you seen The Happiness of the Katakuris? It is not a really horror movie but it is a horror-musical with zombies so it is all good. It is based on a Korean film the Quiet Family. They are both good

also, 'audition' is really fucking creepy. not new, though.

yeah, the last 15-20 minutes were pretty HOLY CRAP! haha.

i also liked 'the host' (as far as asian horror movies go)

I like a lot of the same movies you do Kelly.

Have you seen The Happiness of the Katakuris? It is not a really horror movie but it is a horror-musical with zombies so it is all good. It is based on a Korean film the Quiet Family. They are both good

I have not and I think I need to check that out

Tale of Two Sisters was recently remade, I think it was called "The Uninvited". I didn't see the remake but I saw the original.

I too like horror movies but I'm not the biggest fan of the older films. Some of my current favorites are:

Inside

Frontier(s)

Black House

Them

Calviere

Art Of The Devil 1 and 2

[REC]

I also like some of the After Dark Horrorfest films of late.

I have been meaning to see that one and just have not yet... I think that will go into this Halloween's queue

Tale of Two Sisters was recently remade, I think it was called "The Uninvited". I didn't see the remake but I saw the original.

I too like horror movies but I'm not the biggest fan of the older films. Some of my current favorites are:

Inside

Frontier(s)

Black House

Them

Calviere

Art Of The Devil 1 and 2

[REC]

I also like some of the After Dark Horrorfest films of late.

shows how much I pay attention to new horror movies :) I usually try to watch the remakes of the ones I like and then am very saddened by how they are ruined. Like I said the eye is my all time favorite horror movie and they made it a happy ending... how do you ruin it like that.

I have been meaning to see that one and just have not yet... I think that will go into this Halloween's queue

dooooo it!

i moved all the horror/scary movies to the top of my queue for october. :]

Frontier(s)

Totally backed on this. I watched this with my roommate and the subs on the copy I had were atrocious but he managed to understand enough that he said afterwards: "That movie was so fucking good but I will never, ever watch it again." I speak fluent french so the subs weren't an issue for me and I could fill him in on what he was missing.