Hip Hop

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kingbuzzo
The new Jay-Z was awful

I second this. Beatwise it had some ok stuff but Jay's just getting lazy.

As of now, "Cuban Linx II" is my number one hip-hop album of the year. Eminem's new album was good also. I really enjoyed the Slaughterhouse album but I doubt it'll hold up since it's just one long battle rap compilation.

Mixtapewise, Gucci Mane's been dropping some hot stuff and has really got me looking forward to his album.

I have been listening to some Immortal Techniques - Revolutionary Vol 1 and 2 + some mix tapes, Method Man - Tical, Common Market - S/T, Apathy - Where is your album at?, Gang Starr - Step into the Arena and The Ownerz, POS new album, and some mix cds i made a while back.

Oh and i picked up a 7" from AOTU and its a called Ebola Virus and thats some decent hip hop... kinda strange coming from AOTU.

• 4 weeks later...

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':pk3ahuiv]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':pk3ahuiv]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I have been listening to some Immortal Techniques - Revolutionary Vol 1 and 2 + some mix tapes, Method Man - Tical, Common Market - S/T, Apathy - Where is your album at?, Gang Starr - Step into the Arena and The Ownerz, POS new album, and some mix cds i made a while back.

Oh and i picked up a 7" from AOTU and its a called Ebola Virus and thats some decent hip hop... kinda strange coming from AOTU.

Ebola has been around forever. Dude rules. He would always play random shows with grind bands or whatever. Super nice dude. I think he used to be in bands back in the day. Eric from Failures union, they live, team chocolate and about a thousand others raps with him under the name SARS. good shit.

Gang Starr has been all I have been listening to for a few weeks now. Premiere and Guru are just unstoppable.

I'm a big Aesop Rock fan. A lot of people can't get into him and I still don't understand everything he's talking about but his records have gottens hundreds and hundreds of plays by now. They are all good(except maybe bazooka tooth) but none shall pass, is to me, perfect. Also fast cars ep is outstanding.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':ipt9gkkb]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':ipt9gkkb]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Essential Hip Hop Records:

Nas-Illmatic

Common-Ressurection

Dre-The Chronic

Wu-Tang-36 Chambers

J Dilla-Donuts

Gang Starr-Daily Operation

Biggie-Ready To Die

Eric B & Rakim-Paid In Full

Genius/GZA-liquid swords

A Tribe Called Quest-Midnight Marauders

De La Soul-De La Soul Is Dead

NWA-Straight outta compton

Diamonds In the Rough: (underrated, never got their due)

Souls of Mischief-93 Till Infinity

O.C.-Word...Life

Main Source-Breaking Atoms

Pete Rock & CL Smooth-Mecca and the Soul Brother

Del the Funky Homosapien-I wish my brother george was here

I'm sure there's more that I can't think of right now...

I watched a documentary the other day about the Crips and the Bloods and since that I can't stop listening to this record:

Back in 2001, this, The Chronic 2001 and Eminem's "Slim Shady LP" were my first dabblings into hip hop. This record still rules. Damn.

The one on Netflix Instant?

Yuppers.

[image]

Really? You suggest the worst Jay-Z album? I mean, I think Jay-Z is for sure the best mainstream rapper out there, but this album is almost completely wack, except for the title track.

I was just posting what I've been listening to. I think there are some really great tracks on that album.

the new FELT record is by far their best. FELT 3 a tribute to rosie perez. also for fans of P.O.S. check out the doomtree record. the whole DTR crew on one record, so fucking good.

also check out ninjasonik. check this video/remix he did of matt and kims "daylight'

ITS HOT FIRE!

Is MF DOOM involved in Doomtree? If so I'm all over it.

the new FELT record is by far their best. FELT 3 a tribute to rosie perez. also for fans of P.O.S. check out the doomtree record. the whole DTR crew on one record, so fucking good.

also check out ninjasonik. check this video/remix he did of matt and kims "daylight'

ITS HOT FIRE!

No but he's better than P.O.S

No but he's better than P.O.S

Just listened to the song in that video...holy shit. Is this on a record somewhere? Also, it looks like the neighborhood I lived in (Bushwick.) Really stoked on this now.

Edit: AND there's a Flipper poster on the wall! That rules.

Edit pt. 2: Here's the link if anybody else wants to download that song. http://bln.kr/1AS~/

I may just be really stoned, but I'm listening to Ninjasonik - The Mix #1 and within the first ten minutes I've heard two of the same songs used in a Girl Talk album. The bass line from 'Gimme Some Lovin' and 'Walk it Out.' Were those samples on the most recent GT album (which came out a year after The Mix) or did Ninjasonik bite their shit?