Have Heart last show prints - profit to be donated

timwt

Rich G has made an incredible print from a picture he took at Have Heart's last show. The print is really high quality, and all profit is being donated to the Providence Animal Rescue League. Rich is a stand up guy so buy these prints:

http://deadbutdreamingrecords.bigcartel.com/product/have-heart-last-show-20x30-photo-print-limited-out-of-50

Printing paper/coating info:

They are being printed on a kodak e-surface paper with a Lustre Coating.

What is Lustre Coating?

Water-based lustre coating is an eco-friendly formula that provides a sheen that visibly enhances your prints and provides superior protection. The coating protects against fingerprints, UV rays, and typical over-spraying found in home/office environments. Lustre coating provides for a richer, enhanced sheen on prints of every size.

Kodak Professional Supra Endura VC Digital Paper (aka Traditional E-Surface Paper) is by far our most popular paper. Accurate color, realistic saturation, excellent neutral flesh reproduction and brighter colors are just a few of the attributes to describe E-Surface paper.

You will see excellent skin-tone reproduction, as well as brighter blues, cyans, purples, and reds.

With this paper don’t worry about prints fading. The standard archival value is 100 years in home display and 200 years in dark storage.

i order my own prints for my portfolio and clients from the same place that those came from (those are the exact descriptions from their site and it's a pretty standard place). those prints cost him around $25 each, so they're marked up around $30, which is a little steep if you ask me.

Everyone concerned with the price:

"Just because it has been questioned I will address where I come up with 55 dollars for the print. Because I'm not trying to hide anything, this is the reality of the cost : it costs 38 dollars to get that print made. That's just the print itself. Then shipping is another 7 dollars. Now we are up to 45 dollars. In order to do this for a charity, I decided to make the print 55 bucks and donate the extra 10 bucks per print to a charity I am interested in. This is not a cheap process, and it is a professional grade print. Its not being printed at Walgreens. So there is the breakdown. Too much? Oh well. Maybe this helps understand better. I also plan on posting proof of a money order made out to the Providence Animal Rescue Leage when all the prints are sold, and I donate the money, to prove everything Is legit. Thanks."

Everyone concerned with the price:

"Just because it has been questioned I will address where I come up with 55 dollars for the print. Because I'm not trying to hide anything, this is the reality of the cost : it costs 38 dollars to get that print made. That's just the print itself. Then shipping is another 7 dollars. Now we are up to 45 dollars. In order to do this for a charity, I decided to make the print 55 bucks and donate the extra 10 bucks per print to a charity I am interested in. This is not a cheap process, and it is a professional grade print. Its not being printed at Walgreens. So there is the breakdown. Too much? Oh well. Maybe this helps understand better. I also plan on posting proof of a money order made out to the Providence Animal Rescue Leage when all the prints are sold, and I donate the money, to prove everything Is legit. Thanks."

Anybody who knows anything about real photographic prints knows this price is very reasonable. I don't get how people can bitch when they'll spend hundreds on those retarded graphic design prints that all the hardcore bands rape people for.

dude got majorly ripped off if he paid $38 for something that size on non-metallic e-surface paper, even with the luster coating.

http://www.mpix.com/PrintPricing.aspx

I'd like to think he's supporting a local print shop rather than using an online service if he really is paying that much.

we can only hope!

i also hope he didn't really pay $7 to ship each one to him.

we can only hope!

i also hope he didn't really pay $7 to ship each one to him.

The $7 is shipping to people buying it in the US.

i don't understand how that factors into the mark-up though, because that's added on to the actual $55 during the checkout process, correct?