I Don't Mean to Brag, but....

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

The photo you are looking at is the result of my buddy Zach and I putting a little elbow grease in last night to package up all the Portugal the Man "It's Complicated Being a Wizard" pre-orders. We started out with a huge stack of orders and a dream, and at the end, we not only got them all done, but we had time to get some food at City O City before the Lucero show.

Today, Chris will be sending out all the Tim Barry/Frank Turner splits and most of the Chad Price "Smile Sweet Face" pre-orders. Hopefully our Postal Carrier doesn't flip out on all the orders with the gnarly weather we are getting. Not sure if you've seen reports, but we are getting dumped on by snow. But don't fret, we are doing all we can to get the pre-orders out and after Tim/Frank and Chad, we will start sending out the Cobra Skulls "American Rubicon" pre-orders.

Thanks everyone for giving me a pedestal upon which I can brag about myself for a second. And Thanks Zach for your help. May boxes of Hot Water Music and Chuck Ragan records arrive at your house today along with a keg of Odell's Bourbon Stout. And thanks everyone for your patience on these pre-orders.

It ain't braggin' if it's true!

Today, Chris will be sending out all the Tim Barry/Frank Turner splits.

Yes!!!

my buddy Cory Branan said that and I believe Muhammad Ali did, too

I swear I'm not trying to one up you Virgil. This is about half the NOFX Coaster preorders.[image]

that's awesome. One up me, we definitely can't hang with the amount of mailorder you guys do. That's amazing.

Man, a Bourbon Stout sounds awesome right about now.

I'm probably gonna get run off these boards for saying this, but I'm not familiar with that beer.

Edited - Because my dumb ass didn't proofread!

no need to run anyone off the board, but I will tell you about 2 that I love very much. Goose Island in Chicago makes a russian imperial stout aged in whiskey barrels. It is sometimes too sweet for most people and it has huge flavor and is 13 percent alcohol. I like it, but it is not for everyone. The Odell Bourbon stout is not as over the top but still pretty big. It is not as sweet but it does have hints of coffee and vanilla. It comes in as around 10.5 percent alcohol. Both are pretty amazing in my book.