Cleaning out my digital closet: Photos

mrc

I have the day off, and i am spending my morning cleaning out my laptop and backing up everything because i hope to get a new computer in the next week or so.

Anyways,

i found some band photos and maybe some of you would like to look at them (i am not the best photographer and dont have the best equipment, but whatever)

[image]

NONE MORE BLACK

[image]

Crime In Stereo

[image]

The Lawrence Arms

[image]

The Lawrence Arms

[image]

The Horrorpops

[image]

A Wilhelm Scream

[image]

A Wilhelm Scream

[image]

Against Me!

[image]

Boys Night Out

Ok well that was enough for now.

If you got some cool shots, Post Em!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't take pictures at many shows, but I do sometimes, and I like these.

Rocky Votolato (I think this was about a year and a half ago)

[image]

[image]

My Hero is Me (One of my good friends is in the band, and I do really enjoy seeing them)

[image]

Scott, you might know, did AP ever do anything with Tragic Hero Records?

How do you get that blurry/hazy effect on some of those shots?

I use a SLR camera, which pretty much means everything is set manually. you can change the shutter speeds and when you flash your subject and have a slower shutter speed it cuases those "blurs" because of the motion. Its called flash and drag.

I was really into photo in college but have kinda grown out of it since i have a 9-6 job and i dont go to shows that often. Plus every show is so packed i would rather sit back and drink a few beers and watch than fight for shots in the front row. I was never cool enough for special photo passes, but when you got badass shots while getting your ass kicked in the pit area made things fun, but i guess im too old now.

I am hoping with everyone posting pictures that i will get motivated again, because i know this board has rejuvenated my collecting spirit for vinyl.

i like all the pictures in here

especially the anthony green one (yes, i am one of the 1000000 fanboys.)

>:(

i used to like that band but than i had this friend who was obsessed with them, specifically Anthony green and then after 6 months of her talking about him i lost total interest in them.

too band they are pretty good, i just cannot stand to listen to them anymore.

How do you get that blurry/hazy effect on some of those shots?

I use a SLR camera, which pretty much means everything is set manually. you can change the shutter speeds and when you flash your subject and have a slower shutter speed it cuases those "blurs" because of the motion. Its called flash and drag.

I was really into photo in college but have kinda grown out of it since i have a 9-6 job and i dont go to shows that often. Plus every show is so packed i would rather sit back and drink a few beers and watch than fight for shots in the front row. I was never cool enough for special photo passes, but when you got badass shots while getting your ass kicked in the pit area made things fun, but i guess im too old now.

I am hoping with everyone posting pictures that i will get motivated again, because i know this board has rejuvenated my collecting spirit for vinyl.

good stuff, i too have an slr.

i take photography pretty seriously but dont get many chances to go to shows.

i used to go to a ton.

i feel like a lot of bands/tours are skipping MA.

Guest falloutcollapse

>:(

i used to like that band but than i had this friend who was obsessed with them, specifically Anthony green and then after 6 months of her talking about him i lost total interest in them.

too band they are pretty good, i just cannot stand to listen to them anymore.

that is how i lost interest in many bands, including chiodos. darn kids talkin' about stuff 24/7, pissin me off

yes, that glassjaw photo is dope!

Yeah i miss shooting on my old school 35mm slr. I used to have sooo much fun hanging out in the dark room and printing pics from shows we went to the night before. It seems like anything that i shoot digital and then make it black and white doesnt have the same feeling as an original 35mm BW that i developed and printed myself.

And Scott, thanks for posting all your photos as well. kinda makes me want to shoot some shows again after taking like almost this whole year off. +1

yes, that glassjaw photo is dope!

Yeah i miss shooting on my old school 35mm slr. I used to have sooo much fun hanging out in the dark room and printing pics from shows we went to the night before. It seems like anything that i shoot digital and then make it black and white doesnt have the same feeling as an original 35mm BW that i developed and printed myself.

And Scott, thanks for posting all your photos as well. kinda makes me want to shoot some shows again after taking like almost this whole year off. +1

Thanks man! I've been shooting on and off for a little over three years, and I truly don't think I'm talented, just lucky with what I capture sometimes. So I appreciate it. Here's some more:

Latterman

[image]

[image]

Lifetime

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Mikoto