HELP! Wrongly delivered/stolen(?) record.

TFP

Hello everyone. I did not know if this is the right board to post this in, but here goes....

On Oct.31 I sent PayPal to -pukebileforever- for the 2LP -Incubus-"A Crow left of the Murder..." in the amount of $60 and he received it fine, my complaint isn't with him. I began tracking it all the way from CT to Summerville, SC. On Thursday, Nov. 5 the tracking site said it was delivered at 12:53, but get this I was home all day and saw -with my own eyes- the mail come at around 3pm(and the mail carrier usually puts my packages on the front porch before putting the mail in the back ally mail box). So I filed a complaint that day and received a folded 4 page incident report on Fri. with "The PKG is on your front porch." written on it. So I look at the incident report and it has 3 contradicting terms-

1."Scheduled for Delivery: Fri., Nov. 6, 2009."

2."Anticipated Delivery Date: 11/07/09"

and 3. the aforementioned "Delivery Confimation at 12:53 on 11/05/09.

One thing I do know is the sound of the mail truck and I was downstairs at the time cleaning.

Another thing is that I was told by the head person at the Post Office that Deborah(mail carrier) had just come back from an arm operation, so I was thinking maybe she got my house confused because of pain meds? And the scary part is she isn't going to admit fault and have write up in her file and I don't think pukebileforever put insurance on the package. So I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions in dealing with the post office and if I have any recourse?

Thanks,

Joseph. :-/

Postal workers are lazy. Sometimes they scan packages as delivered before they even take the truck out and if they don't make it to your house, it stays there until the next business day. I think your freak out is a little premature. Give it a few days to shake out. It's likely sitting in a truck. Or, it may have been delivered to someone else, and that person is either waiting to drop it by your place or is waiting for the post office to pick it up to deliver it to the right place. The worst thing you can do right now is piss off the post office and your mail carrier (considering they have all the power here).

I have been getting vinyl in the mail for nearly 20 years and only once has one package NEVER shown up.

Postal workers are lazy. Sometimes they scan packages as delivered before they even take the truck out and if they don't make it to your house, it stays there until the next business day. I think your freak out is a little premature. Give it a few days to shake out. It's likely sitting in a truck. Or, it may have been delivered to someone else, and that person is either waiting to drop it by your place or is waiting for the post office to pick it up to deliver it to the right place. The worst thing you can do right now is piss off the post office and your mail carrier (considering they have all the power here).

I have been getting vinyl in the mail for nearly 20 years and only once has one package NEVER shown up.

what hickey says is true let it play out a few more days . I will say though i have had worse luck then He as i have had 2 packages not show up in the last year but then again its possible they were never sent or addressed wrongly who knows ?

The post office is your enemy. Don't trust them until you have your package - my experience has shown me they will just tell you whatever answer means they don't have to do work and you go away.

I have found that if you call the USPS hotline, the operators there are far nicer and provide better advice than any jagoff that you could meet in person.

The post office is your enemy. Don't trust them until you have your package - my experience has shown me they will just tell you whatever answer means they don't have to do work and you go away.

I have found that if you call the USPS hotline, the operators there are far nicer and provide better advice than any jagoff that you could meet in person.

yeah the usps is horrible . you will probably get your lp though but it might bounce around here and there as people fuck up at usps .

Should have bought the insurance

This. Not to sound like an ass, but if you are spending anything more than retail, and the record is almost/long out of print, the insurance is just as vital as delivery confirmation.

Give it a few days like hickey said, and if it doesn't show up, begin operation kill the usps. I have had packages not show, but most of the time, it ends up being a shady seller, and I end up refunded through paypal. Hope you get your record.

I was waiting for an LP thru US POST, the tracking on it started ok, went from one city to the next, then "poof", the tracking info disapeared and after a month still NO record!, Never even said it made it here. Anyways, the guy I got the LP from was cool as hell and sent me another. Almost 3 months later....and forgotten, it shows up! I did send it back to the guy. It was Blood for Blood Red 1st press...

Hickey is totally right, it's happened to my little brother with school books, it'll show delivered then it shows up a few days later. Happened to me once also, I usually have records shipped to my work address and same thing. I'd give it till Friday the latest.

Also remember most postal workers are bottom of the barrel people who couldn't get hired anywhere else (at least the ones in my old ghetto ass neighborhood are), they don't get any extra money if they move extra units, so why should they even care. There jobs are protected by the unions so they'll do as little as possible. Basically they'll go thru the motions till they retire and get there pensions. No one takes pride in what they do anymore..............

Also remember most postal workers are bottom of the barrel people who couldn't get hired anywhere else (at least the ones in my old ghetto ass neighborhood are), they don't get any extra money if they move extra units, so why should they even care. There jobs are protected by the unions so they'll do as little as possible. Basically they'll go thru the motions till they retire and get there pensions. No one takes pride in what they do anymore..............

Man at least no one is stereotyping , oh wait too late . ::) Like all jobs , there are good employees and bad ones and those that take pride in their job and those that don't . The usps as a whole isn't a very well run machine but that's due to the government being involved but most of the workers i have dealt with have been very nice and helpful when they can .

Okay Dad.

Any word on this? I sent an LP to someone else on the same day I shipped your LP via media mail to Florida and he got it on the 9th. I checked the track & confirm page and it said it got delivered to him on the 5th, which I know is bullshit. The USPS tracking system must be all fucked up right now. Sent a pm to you but haven't heard anything. Hopefully your silence is an indicator of the vinyl being received and enjoyed. If you need anything from me let me know I will be more than happy to work with you, but I have a feeling you will get your record any day now, if you haven't gotten it already.