blink-182 "Dude Ranch" LP re-issue out Jan. 12th

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I have today actually. I brought a handful of my 180g that felt super heavy compared to this... Metallica's '180g' 45rpm of Master of Puppets weighed in at 204.6g; Four Year Strong '180g' Rise or Die Trying weighed in at 201.3g; Blink 182 - EOTS '180g' was 183.1g (and I thought was heavier than Dude Ranch); Murder By Death - Like the Exorcist '180g' tan was 190.7g; Sublime - Greatest Hits '180g' weighed in at 199.4g...

So yeh... they're all different.

did i say that? stop being an asshole and putting words in my mouth.

actually you did say that. i quoted you. it's alright though. you say enough stupid things on the board. you certainly don't need my help making yourself look like a idiot.

i never said it sounds better BECAUSE of the packaging. i said it sounds better, AND the packaging it better, with inserts and poster and all.

now whos the fucking idiot. read things before throwing your shitty opinion out next time.

actually you did say that. i quoted you. it's alright though. you say enough stupid things on the board. you certainly don't need my help making yourself look like a idiot.

i never said it sounds better BECAUSE of the packaging. i said it sounds better, AND the packaging it better, with inserts and poster and all.

now whos the fucking idiot. read things before throwing your shitty opinion out next time.

so you're saying that based on the fact that you actually did an A-B test of the MTS pressing vs the Hot Topic/Universal press? what color pressing of the MTS pressing did you use to compare?

so you're saying that based on the fact that you actually did an A-B test of the MTS pressing vs the Hot Topic/Universal press? what color pressing of the MTS pressing did you use to compare?

Why do you have to be so confrontational?

I really don't understand.

Who fucking cares?

Most people would rather have a great sounding record with great packaging than a great sounding record with mediocre packaging.

who's being confrontational? (okay, apart from the fact that i called the guy an idiot - which he is)

someone asked if someone compared the sound of the Universal press vs the MTS press.

i've been curious about how this label presses their records. has anyone done a side-by-side comparison of the MTS vinyl sound quality and any other press of the record?

and then niku just said that the MTS version was better.

MTS release sounds better FOR SURE. Better quality record, and packaging, with nice inserts and shit. cant beat it.

he offered absolutely no further explanation on if he did a real comparison or if he was just talking out of his ass. (i'm betting on the latter.)

whatever was included in the packaging wasn't the point of the question of the sound quality of the two pressings.

for the RECORD, i wasnt talking about the sound quality of the record. i was talking about the quality of the vinyl itself, asthetically. and based off people saying the HT version has misprinted labels, or skips in certain spots, as well as my experiences with MTS releases. They actually put care into a great product, in comparison to a major label just presssing a couple thousand of this and not caring much about it, just to throw it in Hot topic.

and THANK YOU, REGRET. finally someone understands what i mean. +1

also, i haven't gotten a confirmation OR my records yet. this is THE LAST item i ever pre-order from any shop.

It's already been stated that some of us got our records and never got a confirmation. Hang tight, your records are coming. Also, if you hadn't pre-ordered Dude Ranch, you wouldn't have got one. Shit is sold out, right? Try a bit of patience...RJ is doing great work...but don't expect him to be able to ship out 2,000 records a day. That's absurd.