the road, a film based on cormac mccarthy's novel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't gotten a chance to see the Road yet, because much like any other movie worth watching, the Regal Cinemas here didn't get it. Hopefully I'll get to see it soon as I loved the book.

Also, I saw that some of you were saying you'd like to see Blood Meridian turned into a movie, but that you didn't see that ever happening, so I thought I'd post something I ran across while browsing Wikipedia. Dunno how much merit this has, but still.

"A film adaptation of Blood Meridian, written and directed by Todd Field[19] and produced by Scott Rudin, is tentatively planned for a 2011 release."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cormac_McCarthy

I want to see this and A Serious Man so bad. I guess I gotta move the fuck out of the sticks.

A Serious Man was probably my favorite film of 2009. The Coen brothers can do no wrong (well, sometimes i.e. The Lady Killers). I really want to see The Road but I hear it's terribly depressing. I suppose that's never stopped me from watching plenty of other films so hopefully I can catch this before it leaves the theaters.