Clutch - Strange Cousins From the West Vinyl

• 1 month later...

Right, here it is lads:

http://www.indiemerchstore.com/clutch/?c=88

[image]

[image]

[image]

ONLY 1000 Units available through Indie Merch !!!! Black vinyl only.

PRE-ORDERS ship from warehouse on February 25th, 2010

This double vinyl edition of "Strange Cousins From the West" comes with a special dropcard with a "one time use" secret code which enables the buyer to digitally download all 12 songs included on the double vinyl package (courtesy Weathermaker Music, The Syndicate and Pro-Rock.com). The running order of the vinyl package is:

Side A.

Freakonomics

50,000 Unstoppable Watts (extended version)

Struck Down

Side B.

Motherless Child

Minotaur

Abraham Lincoln

Side C.

Metroliner Special (previously unavailable)

The Amazing Kreskin

Let a Poor Man Be

Side D.

Witchdoctor

Sleestak Lightning

Aglo Ha Cambiado

Features:

* Limited Edition

* Double Vinyl LP

* Secret Code Drop Card Download included

$29.98

Apparently there will be black vinyl, clear vinyl, "beer" colored vinyl, and beer/clear mix. unfortunately colored copies will only be available at shows, which means we can expect to be gouged by ebay prices later on. Here's a link to the packaging....amazing layout w/ gold/silver foil and die-cutting.

http://www.metalinsider.net/packaging/exclusive-walkthrough-of-new-clutch-vinyl-packaging

The Company Band vinyl is out. I got mine through Amazon and appears to be limited to 1000 on black vinyl.

Yes, Weathermaker said it will be pressing Robot Hive, Blast Tyrant & Beale Street on vinyl too.

Don't hold your breath for ever seeing Pure Rock Fury, Elephant Riders or Transnational on vinyl...The rights are owned by major labels. The self-titled was released in limited quantities in europe and command ridiculous prices nowadays.

It is totally exhilarating as a Clutch fan and vinyl nerd seeing this band turn themselves around from having a catalog with virtually no vinyl to extremely vinyl friendly.

I think i'm gonna have some custom reference lacquers made for PRF, TNSL and ER, just so i can have everything on vinyl.

Don't hold your breath for ever seeing Pure Rock Fury, Elephant Riders or Transnational on vinyl...The rights are owned by major labels.

:'(

they had Cousins vinyl at the brisbane show but they were 60 smackers a pop. may have been a clear version...not sure, but $60?? too much.