Hostage Calm on Run For Cover, preorder soon

tylerrtv

i don't know how many people here listen to Hostage Calm but they're an awesome melodic hardcore band from CT. they've just been signed to Run For Cover records and a preorder for the new LP will be up fairly soon. they have a song up on the label's site that they've been playing live a lot recently. its very different from their older stuff but still great.

the song comes up on the home page

http://www.runforcoverrecords.com

and for their older songs-

http://www.myspace.com/hostagecalmct

edited post to remove the part about it coming out in Jan, i was confusing this with the new Wonder Years record. idiot me.

Will probably order from a distro or wait until the band comes and plays Chicago again.

Also ppl should be way into this band, they picked up where Ambitions left off and have definite SNFU vibe going on too. I don't think that's intentional, but that's what I hear when listening to them.

and thats what i mean . dude is a total and utter joke , i swear he has to be giving these bands roofies or something and then taking compromising pics of them to get them to sign .

Yeah, that's what I do.

And pre-orders will not be up 'soon' by most people standards, and the record is not coming out in January. News will be posted in the near future with details. Also, we are doing a lot to insure we do not have crazy delays on our upcoming releases like we had with a few this year.

and thats what i mean . dude is a total and utter joke , i swear he has to be giving these bands roofies or something and then taking compromising pics of them to get them to sign .

Yeah, that's what I do.

And pre-orders will not be up 'soon' by most people standards, and the record is not coming out in January. News will be posted in the near future with details. Also, we are doing a lot to insure we do not have crazy delays on our upcoming releases like we had with a few this year.

lol yeah thats what i really thought you did , it was a joke of coarse but i am puzzled as why some many people have problems with ordering from you . its not 1 or 2 , its in the 30 or 40's . and it really sucks as title fight , wonder years , fireworks and hostage calm are some of my favorite bands . just have to wait for them to come to a distro i guess .

Yeah, that's what I do.

lol yeah thats what i really thought you did , it was a joke of coarse but i am puzzled as why some many people have problems with ordering from you . its not 1 or 2 , its in the 30 or 40's . and it really sucks as title fight , wonder years , fireworks and hostage calm are some of my favorite bands . just have to wait for them to come to a distro i guess .

Here's the deal dude. I have personally sent out almost 1,000 Title Fight records. That isn't total sales, those are just copies sold from our webstore. The people you see complaining about not getting their orders, most of the time, are saying "I haven't gotten this yet." That is just impatience, us getting backed up, a delay at the plant, etc. I would say about 5% of our orders get put on hold or returned to us, which considering the fact that I am a full time student, sort of an idiot, and have a real life, I think is pretty good. 99% of my free time is spent doing mailorder, fixing orders, and trying to make sure people are happy. The reason we keep signing awesome bands is because the people in the bands see through the internet complaint bullshit and know what the real deal is. They aren't idiots, if I was intentionally ripping people off or sitting on hundreds of orders, they wouldn't want to work with me. Most of the bands we've been signing have come to US about working together. I understand you were joking, but this label is literally all I think about and all I do, so it's frustrating to read stuff like that. Anytime I see something about RFC on a board (usually this one) I respond and do my best to clear the air. Sometimes its impossible to answer every email in a timely manner, but anyone who emails me about a order problem gets noted and taken care of as quickly as possible, and emailed when their order goes out.

You PMed me about wanting to make an order. Give me a shot and see what happens, because I think you will be surprised. And if not, ordering from REV is just as good.

I've had a few orders from RFC and all of them have come through fine, including the Title Fight pre-order package which had a lot of shit in it. It seems like the few people who've had problems with their orders continually harp on it in every thread that has something to do with one of their bands and it's just getting ridiculous.

EDIT: I just read everyone's problems about the fireworks LP in the email thread, so I guess I was wrong, it's more than "a few" people.

I've had a few orders from RFC and all of them have come through fine, including the Title Fight pre-order package which had a lot of shit in it. It seems like the few people who've had problems with their orders continually harp on it in every thread that has something to do with one of their bands and it's just getting ridiculous.

EDIT: I just read everyone's problems about the fireworks LP in the email thread, so I guess I was wrong, it's more than "a few" people.

Those just hadn't gotten shipped out yet, when everything was ready to go 95% of them were all shipped in a week.

sort of an idiot

LOLZ

understatement of 2009!

this excuse only goes so far.

And Hookup, you'll be getting it. Media mail sucks. If you're worried, [email protected]

no, no i know, you said upto 10 days. today was 10 but i figured with the holiday, and you might have packed it and not taken it right to the post office since you were doing so many orders i wouldnt bother you just yet. it just sucks to pre order something early summer and not receive it till almost Christmas.

Really hope those Nightmare/This Is Hell represses happen.

Here's the deal dude. I have personally sent out almost 1,000 Title Fight records. That isn't total sales, those are just copies sold from our webstore. The people you see complaining about not getting their orders, most of the time, are saying "I haven't gotten this yet." That is just impatience, us getting backed up, a delay at the plant, etc. I would say about 5% of our orders get put on hold or returned to us, which considering the fact that I am a full time student, sort of an idiot, and have a real life, I think is pretty good. 99% of my free time is spent doing mailorder, fixing orders, and trying to make sure people are happy. The reason we keep signing awesome bands is because the people in the bands see through the internet complaint bullshit and know what the real deal is. They aren't idiots, if I was intentionally ripping people off or sitting on hundreds of orders, they wouldn't want to work with me. Most of the bands we've been signing have come to US about working together. I understand you were joking, but this label is literally all I think about and all I do, so it's frustrating to read stuff like that. Anytime I see something about RFC on a board (usually this one) I respond and do my best to clear the air. Sometimes its impossible to answer every email in a timely manner, but anyone who emails me about a order problem gets noted and taken care of as quickly as possible, and emailed when their order goes out.

You PMed me about wanting to make an order. Give me a shot and see what happens, because I think you will be surprised. And if not, ordering from REV is just as good.

i appreciate you coming on here and trying to explain what happened and might place a very small order to see for myself what happens and if it goes well , i will place more . although much of the problems i was referring to have nothing to do with fireworks at all and date back a few months before that preorder . none the less it obvious there problems and it seems a good deal of them have been fixed and like i said i am willing to take a shot as i love some of the clothes on there which unlike the records cant be bought from rev.