2nd Day Xmas pt1 NOTEBOOKS: Alkaline Trio,Converge

Guest admin1338560633

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, missed lots of stuff since my post....so yeah, I would think that one if the heavy duty xacto blades might do the trick if you're careful and patient, but a jigsaw seems to be the safest bet. I'm going to look for an old record to try the xacto method with as I don't have a jigsaw.

Birdwell, I had a bookbinding segment during a Publication class, have made a few, and have a few books on making books...(that was exhausting)...I'm going to do some pondering over the weekend and see what I can come up with.

all of you attempting to make them on your own, we went through a lot of trial and error to come up with our system for doing them. We started with a sharp saw/knife and that didn't work too well. Then we got a hot knife which worked better, but still not the best. We eventually got a table saw and use it to make our cuts. Brandon then sands down the edges to make them smoother. He cuts the covers off of the journals and uses gaffer's tape to adhere them to the front.

I am sure some of you handier people could figure out a better way to do these. Don't try the hot knife, it just didn't work.

all of you attempting to make them on your own, we went through a lot of trial and error to come up with our system for doing them. We started with a sharp saw/knife and that didn't work too well. Then we got a hot knife which worked better, but still not the best. We eventually got a table saw and use it to make our cuts. Brandon then sands down the edges to make them smoother. He cuts the covers off of the journals and uses gaffer's tape to adhere them to the front.

I am sure some of you handier people could figure out a better way to do these. Don't try the hot knife, it just didn't work.

Very appreciative of this info Virgil...I need Gaff tape for various other things at this point anyways, perhaps I'll get a roll or two and see what I can come up with

reading all your posts the only thing i could think of is using a sharp box cutter or carpet knife and just use a straigt edge. you dont actually have to cut through the vinyl with it but make a couple of good swipes then it should just break apart easily. kinda like drywall if you have ever played around with that.