What are some things to do in San Francisco?

I took my lady out to SF for New Year's back in 2004 - it's where I asked her to marry me.

California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park, the Presidio and the parks around the Golden Gate bridge. If you have a car, you could head north of town to the Point Reyes Lighthouse or wine country. Monterey's not too far to the south, either. You can walk around the Monterey Bay Aquarium re-enacting scenes from Star Trek IV.

I didnt know you could bike across the Golden Gate Bridge. I definitely plan on going to Amoeba and I hear there is another great record store in that same area as Amoeba, but I could be wrong on that. Scott, thanks for the headsup on the Alcatraz tickets, I would hate to have my hopes up for that and be turned down due to it being sold out.

AMOEBA!!!!

can't believe it took someone this long to mention it, probably because it entailed bringing your woman to a record store of epic geeky proportions. love that place, but it kills alot of time. hopefully you have the time to kill.

i would suggest the Bay Bridge or Alcatraz boat tours but i can't imagine the weather being too enjoyable around new years. i went in may and it was freezing cold.

the Wharf is a big tourist trap but it was a fun walk. there are some great places to eat along there as well.

We are definitely hitting up Amoeba. I was there a few years back and was overwhelmed by the size of it. I got some really great records there also. I really want to do the Alcatraz tour but I am a bit concerned about the cold. And being that we are tourists we will probably hit the Wharf just for a few to check it out but otherwise everything else is by ear.

Isn't there a Six Flags around there or is that more so in LA?

Guest adam526
We are definitely hitting up Amoeba. I was there a few years back and was overwhelmed by the size of it. I got some really great records there also. I really want to do the Alcatraz tour but I am a bit concerned about the cold. And being that we are tourists we will probably hit the Wharf just for a few to check it out but otherwise everything else is by ear.

Isn't there a Six Flags around there or is that more so in LA?

There's one in NorCal, and one in LA.

Nice that you like Audrye Sessions, I'm going up from LA for the show.