Michael Ian Black - I Am A Wonderful Man

I enjoyed it, but was a bit sad that some of it was recycled material from when he and Showalter came to the Grog last year.

You realize comedians do essentially the same routine in every city they play in for about a year, right? Writing material is hard. Generally, a comedy CD is recorded at the end of that cycle, when the performer has gotten every bit down to an exact science.

And besides, I missed that Showalter/Black show last year, so it's all new to me!

Did you go see Stella back in 04/05 (can't remember specifically when it was) at the Grog? THAT was hilarious.

And this CD isn't laugh-out-loud funny the whole time, but it's pretty funny nonetheless. I still recommend Patton Oswalt's new CD over it, though.

I enjoyed it, but was a bit sad that some of it was recycled material from when he and Showalter came to the Grog last year.

You realize comedians do essentially the same routine in every city they play in for about a year, right? Writing material is hard. Generally, a comedy CD is recorded at the end of that cycle, when the performer has gotten every bit down to an exact science.

And besides, I missed that Showalter/Black show last year, so it's all new to me!

Did you go see Stella back in 04/05 (can't remember specifically when it was) at the Grog? THAT was hilarious.

And this CD isn't laugh-out-loud funny the whole time, but it's pretty funny nonetheless. I still recommend Patton Oswalt's new CD over it, though.

I'm pretty familiar with how the comedy circuit works, I just was expecting a few more new bits on this. It's not as bad as Poshen's last album (which I LOVE) which is mostly the same material he's been using live for 3-4 years.