Guitar Hero 3!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more excited for Rock Band and I generally think everyone else should be too. I'll be buying both games, because I'm a nerd and rich. However, if you have to get one or the other I highly suggest the Rock Band bundle. I got to play the game at PAX two months ago and it was flat out amazing! The drumming was so much fun, but the guitars also felt 10x better than Guitar Heroes.

Also, Rock Band is doing some tours in some cities I believe. I was out in Pittsburgh cultural / bar district (the South Side) and there was a van decorated in Rock Band logos and all that jazz. They had a TV inside the van and people in the streets were playing.

Guest scriptedrain
I play guitar hero so obsessively, I'll have them all in a week anyway.

Then why the sad face emoticon?

And what is this "emo" that you speak of?

It's a common label for cynical kids who make sad faces over trivial things like not being able to play guitar to songs they want to right away.

Oh, and I'm just messing with you. ;)

- Jeff

Can't wait for my hands to fly off

fuck that. jesus christ

this is what kills me. why not spend all the time people waste on this game to actually learn how to play guitar? i know theres always the possibility that they already do but still--most dont.

i played guitar hero a few times. i thought it was cool but not something id ever need to own. just didnt hold my attention which im obviously the minority on.

fuck that. jesus christ

this is what kills me. why not spend all the time people waste on this game to actually learn how to play guitar? i know theres always the possibility that they already do but still--most dont.

i played guitar hero a few times. i thought it was cool but not something id ever need to own. just didnt hold my attention which im obviously the minority on.

because i can play "one" by metallica after an hour or so on guitar hero and would need years of practice to play it on an actual guitar.

The wii guitar hero controller looks pretty sick. If I didn't vest so much into the ps2 version, I'd definitely hook this up

[image]

I'm kind of bummed that the wii version is only $10 cheaper than the others. I mean, you already have the wii remote which holds most of the technology. oh well, I'll still buy it.

Guest scriptedrain
this is what kills me. why not spend all the time people waste on this game to actually learn how to play guitar?

Because I'd rather play Guitar Hero than learn how to play guitar. What's so hard to understand about that?

Exactly. It's fun to just play around with and try to master songs or get high scores or play against someone else. Playing real guitar usually lends itself to learning so you can perform in front of an audience or join a band. GH is fun and a video game. I love Madden, and yeah I could spend time playing football outside, but it's a video game.

- Jeff

There's no way that video is real. That's such bullshit, no one can do that.

- Jeff

Sometimes I think that as well, even with other songs on expert, especially solos from rock the 80's (which blows), but then you have to think, if someone can play it on a real guitar, someone, especially them, can play it on GH. Not to mention, the person does mess up a few times.

the video for that song is so totally awesome. during the solo section, the two guitar players are just standing there taking turns playing their solos. when one guy is playing they do a picture-in-picture of his fingers on the fretboard. the other guy stands there cheering him on and drinking beer until its his turn to shred.