THE ATARIS "BLUE SKIES..." LP RE-ISSUE OUT NOW

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fucking hate the Ataris (now) and think Kris Roe is a piece of shit (now).

But I own all of the releases up to and including End is Forever on vinyl.

They were one of my favorite bands growing up.

They were AMAZING to see live and so much fun they meant a lot to me. But honestly the last time I saw them was a few weeks before they signed to "SELLOUT RECORDS INC" and whats amazing is they made up posters advertising their next album and it was going to be called

"Never Compromise What You Believe" in fact I have the poster somewhere...

instead they released some mediocre shit rock album with stupid fucking half-assed bullshit songs on some major label with some lame ass title and cover song. Then I guess I should care that their next album is a lame ass "concept" record and kris Roe needs to buy some hair plugs to keep his punk rock hair going...

Nah I don't give a fuck if you like The Ataris but I don't though in fact I have to wonder if they still play "The Radio Still Sucks" twice in a row to emphasize the point anymore....the thing is bands change but that doesn't mean we have to like it...

edit: but oh man, can't wait to get this....great album!

I fucking hate the Ataris (now) and think Kris Roe is a piece of shit (now).

But I own all of the releases up to and including End is Forever on vinyl.

They were one of my favorite bands growing up.

They were AMAZING to see live and so much fun they meant a lot to me. But honestly the last time I saw them was a few weeks before they signed to "SELLOUT RECORDS INC" and whats amazing is they made up posters advertising their next album and it was going to be called

"Never Compromise What You Believe" in fact I have the poster somewhere...

instead they released some mediocre shit rock album with stupid fucking half-assed bullshit songs on some major label with some lame ass title and cover song. Then I guess I should care that their next album is a lame ass "concept" record and kris Roe needs to buy some hair plugs to keep his punk rock hair going...

Nah I don't give a fuck if you like The Ataris but I don't though in fact I have to wonder if they still play "The Radio Still Sucks" twice in a row to emphasize the point anymore....the thing is bands change but that doesn't mean we have to like it...

edit: but oh man, can't wait to get this....great album!

It's funny, because I thought End is Forever was a crappy half assed version of Blue Skies, and I thought So Long Astoria was better than End is Forever. Just my opinion though. Either way, I'm happy that Blue Skies is getting a new treatment.

• 2 weeks later...
got mine from someone off the board! it's actually my least favorite of all ataris albums, the remastered/remixed version is somewhat listenable

wow, I completely disagree I found the reissue to be yet another attempt to capitalize off older fans with older material nothing new. Kris Roe can claim the reissue was about "Doing the material justice" or whatever his reasoning is. But it's all about money and that was a great way to fuck over Kung Fu Records who was decent enough to let them have the rights to their music.

If you want a great compare and contrast listen to Bite My Tongue or Ray or Boxcar or any song the original trumps the shit out of the reissue.

The Ataris let everyone down...I can't believe they still have fans of the new material that guy continues to trudge out.

got mine from someone off the board! it's actually my least favorite of all ataris albums, the remastered/remixed version is somewhat listenable

wow, I completely disagree I found the reissue to be yet another attempt to capitalize off older fans with older material nothing new. Kris Roe can claim the reissue was about "Doing the material justice" or whatever his reasoning is. But it's all about money and that was a great way to fuck over Kung Fu Records who was decent enough to let them have the rights to their music.

If you want a great compare and contrast listen to Bite My Tongue or Ray or Boxcar or any song the original trumps the shit out of the reissue.

The Ataris let everyone down...I can't believe they still have fans of the new material that guy continues to trudge out.

Welp, Kung Fu Records definitely put out the re-release of Anywhere But Here and discontinued the original press...don't know what you are talking about there sir.

I'm not going to argue with you about sound quality..if you think the original sloppy mixed versions are better that is your preference.

You need to listen to So Long Astoria and give the band another chance. I think that your reasons for disowning the band are rather weak. I think you have some great memories of the band during their underground days and just got ticked off that they tried to make a bigger name for themselves (ie: Against Me, Alkaline Trio, Gaslight Anthem).

• 1 month later...