Root Canal??????

Who here has had one? I just went in and dentist cleaned out the tooth now I have a big hole in my tooth. Have to go back Monday to finish it up then get the crown put on. Going to two shows this weekend Against Me! and the Danzig Pennywise TSOL Show. Great timing. What are your guys experience with root canals?

I was at Chipotle and broke a tooth. I've been worrying it'll need a root canal. (Going to dentist on the 23rd)

I chipped a molar eating a hamburger and it wound up needing a root canal. They shot me so full of novocain that I didn't feel any pain, just the uncomfort of having 2 people playing w/ metal tools in your mouth. To me it wasn't as bad as most people make it out to be, maybe I just lucked out.

I was at Chipotle and broke a tooth. I've been worrying it'll need a root canal. (Going to dentist on the 23rd)

Did you order a glass burrito? How did you break a tooth at Chipotle?

I was feeling guilty and ordered chips. :-[ (The piece that broke off was a spot on my bottom molar that always hit my upper molar, so I'd say it was only a matter of time before it happened. It isn't broken to the point of increased sensitivity or tenderness or anything. It appears that just a piece of my tooth came off.)

I've had several of them, and they really aren't too bad to deal with... if anything the infection before the procedure can be so much worse, and getting the crown to fit right can suck. You shouldn't need something as powerful as vicodin for a standard root canal... a few tylenol or advil will do just fine.