If you havent already check out Zonk records

[image]

[image]

If you havent check out Zonk! Record Distro check us out. We are having some great sales on some great records. Most of the sales will end on christmas and our 10% off promo will end as well. So be sure to pick up some last christmas records.

Thanks alot!!!!

Steve

www.zonkrecords.com

[email protected] email for any questions.

Guest kylewilliam

i didn't want to say anything, because i think youre a nice dude and im a huge supporter of new distros, but continually spamming a board is a really good way to get people to NOT buy from you. cool it a bit... if you continue to carry good records, at good prices, and don't dick around your customers, your base of clients will build up on its own... otherwise you end up just being board spam no one cares about.

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3

I guess the one thing I would ask is that people who run other vinyl online stores please not use this board to spam people. I run Vinyl Collective as a for profit company and I don't mind individuals selling, buying, or trading records, but I would not be stoked to see another vinyl store using this board for their gain. I hope everyone is cool with that.

yeah man the elitist forum goer with 7K posts says you are being annoying as you have only 1/10 of those posts accounted for you are obviously inferior to his interneting skills and must do exactly what he says or else!

I just want to say thank you for running a distro and carrying good music. OH and thank you for advertising because apparently the people who do not run your business seem to know whats best. ::)

I think I might make a purchase today from you that I otherwise wasn't planning on.

edit: oh wow you have

MIKE PARK Limited Edition 7" + Art Print (signed) cheaper than VC

amongst a lot of other records...that's probably why they hate you. Because you undercutting their master Virgil and all of his MANY vinyl PROFITS!

I think I might keep you bookmarked so I can come back here when I find something I think I might buy from VC.

Thank You "spamming the hell out of the boards lately" because I never heard of you because I have better things to do than hang out on an internet forum and talk shit. So I guess your advertising works just fine.

Dude, you are spamming the shit out of this board. It's getting incredibly annoying.

Thank you! I told him the same thing when he posted and was bumping 3 different threads in one day (Alk3, SW, Riverdales).

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41938&start=0

yeah man the elitist forum goer with 7K posts says you are being annoying as you have only 1/10 of those posts accounted for you are obviously inferior to his interneting skills and must do exactly what he says or else!

I just want to say thank you for running a distro and carrying good music. OH and thank you for advertising because apparently the people who do not run your business seem to know whats best. ::)

I think I might make a purchase today from you that I otherwise wasn't planning on.

amongst a lot of other records...that's probably why they hate you. Because you undercutting their master Virgil and all of his MANY vinyl PROFITS!

I think I might keep you bookmarked so I can come back here when I find something I think I might buy from VC.

Thank You "spamming the hell out of the boards lately" because I never heard of you because I have better things to do than hang out on an internet forum and talk shit. So I guess your advertising works just fine.

Is that you Perez?

This is just fantastic! Here, let me break it down for you:

1. I could care less about Virgil's profits. Yeah, I like Virgil and I hope he's successful, but he is far from my lord and master (believe me, I've criticized Virgil on this board).

2. I have been a member on this forum for 30 months and as of this post will have 7,444 posts. That averages out to 248.133333 per month. I post that often because I work in front of a computer daily. Sometimes it's nice to take a break. If you notice, very few of my posts are "talking shit" and very few are during hours where I'm not at work. You're posting on the same message board, so taking jabs about post count and saying you have better things to do is just silly.

3. If you really expect people to believe you're not a fake account of Steve (or Mr. Zonk, or punkandbeans or whatever his name is this week) it would be best to try not to make the same grammatical and punctuation mistakes that Steve makes. Those are tell-tale signs.

4. If you're going to quote me, quote me accurately. I said "spamming the shit out of this board," not "spamming the hell out of the boards lately."

1. I could care less about Virgil's profits. Yeah, I like Virgil and I hope he's successful, but he is far from my lord and master (believe me, I've criticized Virgil on this board).

wow you convinced me you are a real rebel.

2. I have been a member on this forum for 30 months and as of this post will have 7,444 posts. That averages out to 248.133333 per month. I post that often because I work in front of a computer daily. Sometimes it's nice to take a break. If you notice, very few of my posts are "talking shit" and very few are during hours where I'm not at work. You're posting on the same message board, so taking jabs about post count and saying you have better things to do is just silly.

congrats you are awesome. I don't care.

3. If you really expect people to believe you're not a fake account of Steve (or Mr. Zonk, or punkandbeans or whatever his name is this week) it would be best to try not to make the same grammatical and punctuation mistakes that Steve makes. Those are tell-tale signs.

?-I don't get this but I guess I should lurk more and give a shit about your little message board politics. Maybe I should have to prove myself to you because of your awesome post count huh? ::)

4. If you're going to quote me, quote me accurately. I said "spamming the shit out of this board," not "spamming the hell out of the boards lately."

lol wut wow sorry I'll start the defamation suit right away. I should really try harder to accurately quote someone as important as you next time.

i couldnt care less about virgil's bottom line. and oh hey, look -- i have way less than 7k posts (as if that means anything). its just annoying seeing this zonk records shit constantly. we get it, already. at a minimum, this stuff should be in the sales thread anyway where it belongs.

who cares where its at?

more people visit this forum maybe that's what he was thinking.

If you owned a business and you spent some time developing a new marketing ad campaign would you only solicit people who are looking to buy or would you saturate your demographic with opportunities to buy even when they weren't necessarily thinking about buying?

seems smart to me I am going to buy something I otherwise wouldn't therefore he has proved his point.

Is that you Perez?

guess I should take a guess at what this means ??? but once again...don't care.

Good, just like no one cares that you bought something you wouldn't normally have bought, or that someone is trying some "new" marketing strategy to generate business. Shoving your wares in someone's face (aka SPAMMING) is not some bold new technique developed by Zonk records, it's just annoying.

You have to be a Perez fake account...

/rant

I really don't mean to make enemies or anything, but this thread has 18 replies (not counting this one), the majority of which are criticizing the zonk guy for spamming. Is it just me, or are you all contributing to his "spamming" by constantly saying "hey, dude, you're spamming" (sorry for paraphrasing) and such, thus bumping this thread about checking out Zonk Records further up the front page of the message board (which is only helping his cause and probably further angering the other people who are criticizing him for spamming because it won't just go away)?

Also, I realize that this isn't the only thread that he's started recently (I counted 5), but I doubt that this is the first time someone has posted multiple threads advertising multiple sales (though, again, I realize that this particular thread isn't really advertising anything new, not to mention you could probably group all 4 of those threads into one "sale" thread and update the subject to include the new records that are included in the sale, but oh well), so why is everyone jumping on him?

Now, if he's done this like 40 times before and I just haven't paid attention (I've overlooked lots of threads for lots of record labels/stores), then disregard this comment, but if not, can't we just let this issue rest and all go yell at that "Virgil" guy--he posted like 20 threads in one day last week. Talk about spamming... ::)

In the meantime, I'm going to sit back and watch my Karma get further away from being neutral... *sigh*

wow excuse me for trying to make my buisness sucessful. Scumbag, I only have one account i am not a big enough looser to make several fake accounts and same goes to you Hickey. You can keep talking shit about me all you want. Its not going to hurt my feelings. I just want my buisness to continue to grow which it has and would like to thank every single one of you for purchasing from me. Which everyone who has will be getting extra stuff in their package as my way of saying thanks.

Again sorry for "spamming the board"

Guest kylewilliam

no ones pissed at you for trying to make your business successful, they're pissed because you've over saturated the message board, which is made specifically for the record distro that carries its name, with your posts about your distro. it also clearly states in the boards' rules, as posted above and quoted below:

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3
I guess the one thing I would ask is that people who run other vinyl online stores please not use this board to spam people. I run Vinyl Collective as a for profit company and I don't mind individuals selling, buying, or trading records, but I would not be stoked to see another vinyl store using this board for their gain. I hope everyone is cool with that.

i have no problem with you, but toning it down may help the longevity of your business.

it's not that you're posting so many times... it's that you're creating so many threads. i think somebody earlier suggested that you have one thread in the f/s section and just edit the title (and bump it) every time there's new information to be found.

nobody wants to see 3 different threads by the same dude and each one when you open it up is just telling you about a different individual record that can be found in his distro/tradelist.

and nobody is saying they hate you. i think that's why it's taken so long for people to say anything at all... clearly you are a genuinely nice guy and really have a passion for what you are doing. everybody can respect that if nothing else. but when the threads start spilling into each section of the forum (VC section, F/S section, Everything Else section) and they're all saying the same exact thing, it gets to be a little overbearing.

no hard feelings, you're a good dude from what i can gather. just trying to give you some insight as to why people are lashing out.

Guest kylewilliam
it's not that you're posting so many times... it's that you're creating so many threads. i think somebody earlier suggested that you have one thread in the f/s section and just edit the title (and bump it) every time there's new information to be found.

nobody wants to see 3 different threads by the same dude and each one when you open it up is just telling you about a different individual record that can be found in his distro/tradelist.

and nobody is saying they hate you. i think that's why it's taken so long for people to say anything at all... clearly you are a genuinely nice guy and really have a passion for what you are doing. everybody can respect that if nothing else. but when the threads start spilling into each section of the forum (VC section, F/S section, Everything Else section) and they're all saying the same exact thing, it gets to be a little overbearing.

no hard feelings, you're a good dude from what i can gather. just trying to give you some insight as to why people are lashing out.

and this