Talking to your parents drunk

Guest kissthesharks

I have the typical stories of coming home drunk and trying to play it off cool. Lately I've been trashed and my parents are up at like 8 or something and I'm walking outside to smoke. Very awkward. To add to the fact, I'm 25.

idk about drunk but ive talked to my mom high several times. part of me thinks she knows, the other thinks she just thinks i'm tired lol.

we start talking about the bible and how illogical it is...then she tells me that she's scared i won't get into heaven if i don't believe that eve was made from adams rib...shit like that. we go round and round.

I have no issues with talking to my parents drunk or high. my parents always told me to smoke weed in the house (they'd rather i be home and safe doing it). I've smoked bowls while talking to my parents. And my dad will just go ahead and pick up the bottle and just start doing shots with me. oh i love my family.

My folks can drink with then best of them, so I am never worried about being hammered around them, but I don't really drink all that much anymore. I remember when my brother graduated from college, we went out drinking the night before the actual ceremony, and I swear I had at least 15 drinks (pints of Guiness as well as mixed drinks/shots)...my folks and my brother kept right up and we all walked out of the bar unassisted.

I've smoked bowls while talking to my parents. And my dad will just go ahead and pick up the bottle and just start doing shots with me. oh i love my family.

shit dude you better fuckin love your family! that would make my life! my mom doesn't drink or smoke, my dad is just a douche, and if I were to try either of those things in front of them they would flip.

I've been drinking around my family for 7 years now. Never been an issue.

Although, this Thanksgiving holiday visit, I decided to test the "Being High Around Your Parents" and it was successful! So stoked about that... :D

I think this is probably an issue more for the under 21 crowd. When I was 21 I went to Italy with my dad and my brother. The last night I got completely shit faced and puked (in the bathroom). My dad wouldn't stop making fun of me. The next morning I was in the bathroom while he was in the shower (there was a curtain on the shower and we only had one bathroom for the three of us so modesty was on hold). While brushing my teeth my dad says to me (from the shower mind you), "there's only one thing that'll get that taste out of your mouth...and I'm washing it right now."

Parents, right?

I don't know if it's so much an under 21 thing as just how edge your family is, or at least how they define respect. Since neither of my parents are partiers/drinkers, they just don't really find it fun to be around inebriated people, much less their daughter.

I shared a beer with my dad for the first time two years ago. It was super awkward...I think he was trying to be "cool" with me.

i try not to get drunk around my mom cuz she has been sober like 10 years or something like that. she usually counts my drinks at family functions.

i never actually got drunk till i was 21. i never wanted to drink cuz of growing up with my mom.

the first time i came home wasted and also the first time i got drunk i came home to a house full of people. i tried to act all cool and shit and gave everyone a wave and stumbled my way up the stairs to my room.

the next day my mom said that those were some of her AA freinds. i felt like a douche bag.