Denver area record stores?

This probably depends on whether you have a car or not.

Here's what used to be great (in order):

Twist & Shout (now on East Colfax)

Wax Trax (on E 13th?)

Black & Read (Arvada)

Jerry's Record Exchange [mostly older stuff] (just east of downtown on Colfax)

don't remember if they carry vinyl, but I guess you could call:

Independent Records (on E Colfax, between Jerry's and Twist & Shout)

I'm taking the train into Denver for the Planes show next month. It's at the Marquis Theatre.

I will have no transportation, I need to find a hotel in the area, and I need things to do before and after I get the hotel room. On foot. Anybody got any recommendations for me?

ps I also need to hope that wandering from the show to the hotel at night is not as dumb in Denver as it might be in Detroit.

A mod should sticky a "Record Stores in your area" thread, and keep the 1st post updated

like:

Minneapolis

- Extreme Noise (Lake St. / Grand Ave)

- Treehouse Records (Lyndale Ave / 26th Street)

Chicago

- Record store..

- More record stores..

Washington

blabla..

Half the new threads are about finding a record store in a specific town. If your town isn't listed, ask for it and people could answer in the topic and mods can update the 1st post

Here's a start for top store in the country from plugawards.com. Pretty interesting site if not familiar.

Record Store of the Year

Amoeba Music - Hollywood, CAAmoeba Music - San Francisco, CAAquarius Records - San Francisco, CACriminal Records - Atlanta, GADusty Groove America - Chicago, ILEasy Street Records - Seattle, WAGrimey's New & Preloved Music - Nashville, TNOther Music - New York, NYReckless Records - Chicago, ILSonic Boom Records - Seattle, WATwist & Shout - Denver, COWaterloo Records - Austin, TX

Twist & Shout is awesome. Can't go wrong with this store.

Wax Trax is ok...you will have to dig a little bit. Hit their used 7"!! I have seen good stuff for $2. They keep the "valuable" 7" behind the counter...just ask to see them and they will happily let you dig. Down the street there is a cool vintage store called "Buffalo Exchange" and on the same block as that is a place called Watercourse.It's a veg/vegan restaurant. Chipotle and Panera bread is in the area too.

Black & Read is way out of the way....but they have some cool stuff from time to time. It's a record/bookstore. Lot's of used stuff.Sometimes pricey.

Jerry's Records. If you just want to thumb through stuff...It's ok. Overpriced is an understatement. walk up the street some and ther is a cool poster place,comic book store and vintage toy shop.

Jerry's and Wax Trax are close to each other(and the area is kinda seedy). Twist is down the road and Black & Read is way out of the way.

Broadway Street.....ok.....bunch of boutiques and shops.A bar called the Hi-Dive has shows and the bar next door is called Sputnik(my fave).Hipster central.

And don't forget about Casa Bonita. Shitty food,but it will kill a couple of hours.And the wait staff HATES it when you mention the South Park episode.

Hope that helps.