Paypal e-mails

Guest eriathomas

This is one of the reasons I don't like ordering from No Idea, because I hate having to go through an email to get to my paypal. I avoid any and all paypal emails like the plague usually, legit or not.

so apparently someone hacked my account and is sending a receiving money under my name. I tried calling paypal but its all automated so I don't know what the f is going on.

I had this same thing happen to me this week and my account is locked. MY password was insanely simple so it's probably my own fault but I got a call back and was asked to mail some info and it should be sorted out in a few days. hopefully.

Weird, I just sold an item on ebay tonight and got an email saying that the payment will be held up to 21 days, or until I receive positive feedback for the item. Is this fishy to anyone else?

Does it show as "paid" on eBay? And does it say anything when you're logged into Paypal? If not, I'd imagine the buyer is fucking with you, as I often have buyers who never ever leave me feedback, even when transactions go smoothly. I've never heard of payment relying on positive feedback.

I have been keeping my paypal unlinked with my bank account until I NEED to get something with it. It's a matter of 30 seconds to remove or add a bank account, and it is a hell of a lot safer than leaving it on there, with just ONE password blocking someone from stealing my money. No thanks. I really, really do not like paypal.

So I think I'm going to refund the buyer the payment, and send him a new invoice.

There's no need to do a refund. Ebay has been doing this for a while for "new" sellers. Nothing to worry about really, you just have to wait it out. Here are a couple links with more info:

http://answercenter.ebay.com/thread.jspa?threadID=900211164&mod=1260573909758

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments-outside