Portugal the Man 2010 Tour Thread / American Ghett

Guest adam526
CD: Digipak with lyrics booklet. Pretty standard

LP: Gatefold - not sure about 180gm or not, but also has a booklet. Music is the same for both the CD and LP, though.

Awesome! Do you know if there are 5000 pressings or something? I figured since the site mentioned the CD is limited, then I guess the LP isn't? Regardless, anything PTM on vinyl is fucking great in my book

Vinyl is unlimited. They made a big press of the album, and if more is needed, more will be made. In the event that more is needed, I don't think there will be any differences between batches, at all.

CD is out of 16,000 copies - seems like a lot to be limited, but Satanic sold almost 30k copies, so I guess in comparison to that, it's pretty limited. And once they're sold out, that's it.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! Do you know if there are 5000 pressings or something? I figured since the site mentioned the CD is limited, then I guess the LP isn't? Regardless, anything PTM on vinyl is fucking great in my book

Vinyl is unlimited. They made a big press of the album, and if more is needed, more will be made. In the even that more is needed, I don't think there will be any differences between batches, at all.

CD is out of 16,000 copies - seems like a lot to be limited, but Satanic sold almost 30k copies, so I guess in comparison to that, it's pretty limited. And once they're sold out, that's it.

Yeah I saw the "limited to 16,000" and immediately I thought that was pretty damn low. I actually have not bought a CD in years haha --- I'm definitely getting that LP/CD package...I haven't seen them in so long, but thankfully I'll see them in April

Has anybody seen them yet? What kind of merch is there? Any prints?

I saw them both nights in Austin. All the shirts are very Satanic Satanist esque, featuring the artwork in all sorts of colors and shit. They're selling leftover Fall 2009 prints (half price, so $10), CDs, and Wizard on black vinyl. There's no merch or anything from American Ghetto.

Guest adam526

Didn't feel the need to start a new thread for this but John & Austin Sellers will be a part of a special art gallery in Hollywood this coming May. Rich (their manager) and myself are organizing this and it's definitely going to be a great time for everyone involved. Hope to see a lot of you there. I'll fill you in on the details as they get cemented in stone.

Guest adam526
Can't wait to see this band on Sunday. Someone was trying to sell an Anatomy of a Ghost CD at the Ruiner show I was at tonight. Small world.

For like 50 cents, right? ;)

Can't wait to see this band on Sunday. Someone was trying to sell an Anatomy of a Ghost CD at the Ruiner show I was at tonight. Small world.

For like 50 cents, right? ;)

Haha I should try to sell my AOAG dagger t-shirt for 75 cents! Then that could almost buy me a bottled water at the 930 club.

speaking of which..I'm fucking stooooked I'll see them in a couple days!

Didn't feel the need to start a new thread for this but John & Austin Sellers will be a part of a special art gallery in Hollywood this coming May. Rich (their manager) and myself are organizing this and it's definitely going to be a great time for everyone involved. Hope to see a lot of you there. I'll fill you in on the details as they get cemented in stone.

will they have any originals / prints for sale?

just got back from the show at the 930. really awesome, they killed it. played for a good hour and a half with an damn near equal mix of songs from each album. my favorite was chicago, i love that song. you miss their ability to meld songs together and jam on record, they make it interesting live. apparently this was their biggest show, non festival, yet... like 1000ppl. john played created, he said only the fourth time he's done it live, great song,but yes, awesome show

just got back from the show at the 930. really awesome, they killed it. played for a good hour and a half with an damn near equal mix of songs from each album. my favorite was chicago, i love that song. you miss their ability to meld songs together and jam on record, they make it interesting live. apparently this was their biggest show, non festival, yet... like 1000ppl. john played created, he said only the fourth time he's done it live, great song,but yes, awesome show

FUCK! THAT WAS AN AMAZING SHOW!!!

I went absolutely insane up front (thanks to beer and PTM)....back hurts, neck hurts, legs sore, arms stiff -- it was better than sex!

You could tell the guys were extremely modest with the encore

Also, it was really great to chat again with Zach and finally meet Ian, their touring manager.

As for merch -- the dude behind the counter said they had 10 It's Complicated left for $20 (I think he said they do come with the silkscreened print). The prints feel and look awesome (still $10).

The opening bands kicked some ass too...but god damn PTM raped the stage

Guest adam526

I went absolutely insane up front (thanks to beer and PTM)....back hurts, neck hurts, legs sore, arms stiff -- it was better than sex!

Also, it was really great to chat again with Zach and finally meet Ian, their touring manager.

As for merch -- the dude behind the counter said they had 10 It's Complicated left for $20 (I think he said they do come with the silkscreened print). The prints feel and look awesome (still $10).

Really? You liked the Dig? I had an encounter with them at Amoeba in Hollywood before this tour started, they ended up giving me their CD for free, I put it in and thought it was pretty boring. They've been getting really solid reviews on this tour, though.

Really? You liked the Dig? I had an encounter with them at Amoeba in Hollywood before this tour started, they ended up giving me their CD for free, I put it in and thought it was pretty boring. They've been getting really solid reviews on this tour, though.

I want to speculate that their live performance is so much better than the CD...usually opening bands suck a fatty, but the bassist was damn good (dude even ripped a string) and their energy was fucking great. Usually only one or two members are really into it, but all four of them had the same amount of energy that really gave the show a boost.

I did like Port O'Brien, especially when both Dig and them played the last song together.

Fourfourtwo and the other guys going -- I hope you dudes have a fuckin blast tonight!

Honestly....best show I've been to in years. It was amazing. Portugal is always good live but this time they nailed it. Pretty much every song had a 5-10 minute guitar solo in it. I'd say they played mostly stuff off of waiters and church mouth and the guitar solos were sick. They even played a bowie song into MGMT's "Weekend Warriors" which was cool. Only complaint, last encore song was kinda lame. Sounded like a Lennon/Ono song, anyone able to clarify that for me?

Also, Port O Brian was so boring. That guy's voice sucked and it sounded like Tom Petty singing. The Dig was entertaining though, especially their last song that they played with Port O Brian

Yeah, it was fucking awesome. I thought they weren't gonna play Chicago (since they really haven't this tour - from what I've heard) and its my favorite song, so when they broke that out, it just made my night.

I ended up getting the setlist from Zach at the end of the show.

It was:

And I

People Say

M80

Shade

60 Years

The Sun

Do You

Moonage Daydream (Bowie cover)

Dead Dog

Chicago

New Orleans