FYE closing sale

went in the other day to gamestop and when i was in line a guy told me to go up to FYE first before i bough anything at gamestop. very glad i did. 70% off games, 50% off dvds, and 60% off music. i got (all for 360):

The Bigs: 14.99 -> $4.50

Wartech: $9.99 -> $3 (accidentally bought 2 of it, but can't complain)

Halo 3 Limited Collectors Ed: $39.99 -> $12 (had tons of these, as well as the Legendary for $99, which would be $30)

Earth Defense Force: 14.99 -> $4.50

Table Tennis: $19.99 -> $6

College Hoops 2K6: 4.99 -> $1.50

plus a toy for a friend of mine for 70% off, total came to under $40. going to go back in a few days when they're closer to closing and hopefully get the X TV complete series for hopefully 60-70% off, it was $150 and if i can get it around $50 i'll definitely have to.

they didn't have anything very new at this one. i guess they're closing a handful at a time from a google search. the Cranberry Mall is just about dead, the walden books and another store that'd always been there are also closing. pretty soon it's just going to be the keystone tenants and a small gamestop in the middle.

sorry, there's a goodwill in the mall too, which is just about it's most popular store there anymore, and a dr's office now for some odd reason. so it's going to be about totally empty with those two places and a gamestop.

any yeah it really sucks about the malls. i'm not a big fan of those outdoor strip malls, which seems to be what everything around here is going too. clarion mall is nearly dead, so is cranberry, and butler's is still doing alright, but there's new strip malls popping up all the time it seems.

Guest eriathomas

Yeah, all the Borders Express and Walden Books are closing, so you can find good deals there. The actual Borders by me is closing in March, and everything goes on sale at the end of the month so I'm hoping to snag some good books and such.

It's hard for me to shed a tear when corporate "box stores" close, though it is unfortunate for those that lose their jobs, and for the people who have no other choice for things they want. All of the bookstores that I know of in a nearby city (Adrian) have closed. Truly a bummer for the people that live there, even if their last bastion was a Walden Books.