Boston Needs a good record store..

So I have been living in this city for a long time. I have traveled to other cites through vacation and touring. I noticed, Boston doesn't really have a punk record store. Granted, we have various Newbury comics, but I never felt a good joy of record grab like I did at Regeneration in NYC or Amoeba in LA.

If I am missing out on one, let me know. I dont know if anyone on the board is from the area, but my dream job would be to get a partnership of like 4-6 people in the area, pool all our records, get on some wholesales, and put something like Reckless records here in Boston..

If you feel me, let me know, if not, thats cool too. Im totally serious on this

There's welfare records in Haverhill. There are also a bunch of record stores in between harvard sq and central sq in Cambridge. I used to walk to all of them. Not sure if they are still there or not.

they are, although they're kinda rough. there's In Your Ear's second store (the first is over on Comm Ave. by BU west), another Newbury Comics, and one other one that i can't quite remember

but i agree, the record stores do kinda suck in this city. i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks so

There's welfare records in Haverhill. There are also a bunch of record stores in between harvard sq and central sq in Cambridge. I used to walk to all of them. Not sure if they are still there or not.

Yeah, Welfare records was pretty awesome, I found alot of stuff I needed as well as Xmas gifts for a friend, the guy behind the counter knocked off a few bucks at the end which was cool and he threw in some 7 and 12 inch bags. He said if the owner was there the owner would've knocked off more money in the end.

There's also a place in Ct, something trash, they got good stuff.

There's also a place in Ct, something trash, they got good stuff.

Ya that's Trash American Style. The actual store is gone, the guy just travels around to schools and record shows selling stuff now.

There's a few good ones in the Northampton/Amherst area if you are down that way. I just found Bloc Party's Silent Alarm LP for 6 bucks at a store in NOHO so there's definitely deals to be had.

i'm amazed that looney tunez, in your ear, planet, cheapo, nugget etc havent ditched their huge classic rock selections for better stuff. i think the Berkeley crowd keeps fueling their demand for bad stock. i've gotten a couple decent finds at these. theres a pretty good place in cambridge somewhere off the 66 that has a good psychedelic selection and pricey indie stuff, i forget the name though. honestly if you want to go to a record store i would make a day trip down to armageddon or wait for a good show at anchors up and hit the place above them.

if i finish school ok in the next 2-3 years and have some income/still live around i would love to have a small share in a storefront here.

Mystery Train? was that the name of the place? I remember scoring some good stuff there, don't know if it's still there, I've been gone from New England for 10+ years!

Ya Mystery Train is in Amherst I believe, there's also Turn It Up in Noho, Time Machine in Easthampton, Platterpus Records in Hadley maybe a few others. Dynamite Records in NOHO just closed which I was kind of bummed about.

I live on the CT/MA line so it's not to much of a drive and always worth it.