Jawbreaker Unfun 20th Anniversary

Adam posted this on myspace yesterday...

We're not really calling it this, but the twentieth anniversary edition of Jawbreaker's 1990 debut album Unfun will be released on Blackball Records on March 30, 2010.

Unfun has been remastered by John Golden from the original analog tapes. The increased sampling rate boosts some of the bottom end and midrange. It sounds fucking awesome.

The CD and download versions of the record include the three song Whack & Blite E.P., as well as the 7" mix of "Busy" as an unlisted bonus track. The vinyl version is available for the first time since 1992 and has the same 12 song track list.

The original artwork has been restored and all formats include additional band photos from the time of recording. The CD comes with a 24 page booklet with the Whack & Blite E.P. insert reproduced in its entirety.

If you're as old as me, and have the original version of this LP. The cd sounds like the better deal with the bonus tracks, and additional booklet.

I've got an original but I'll still probably buy both.

I get that, maybe for the updated production work on the record. But aahhh, good news when it ever has to do with the beautiful Jawbreaker. Believe me, I'm happy too.

sickteen

I will be sure to update everyone about when we have a date for pre-orders. It is pretty crazy that it will have been 20 years since the original release. Man, I too am getting old.

isn't it funny that there are people on this board that weren't even born yet when this came out?

that's pretty crazy to think about. When I saw that the Simpsons turned 25 years old, that really made me feel old. Oh well.

isn't it funny that there are people on this board that weren't even born yet when this came out?

i'm still kinda weirded out that i was already a junior in high school when this album came out, and that they toured through out shitty little city.

that shredder comp still reminds me alot of high school