Bonnaroo 2010

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adam526
Anybody else think they might be holding back a few names?

Yea, there will be more added. Probably not any huge names though, they've got plenty of headliner-worthy bands on there already.

Out of all my years going to Bonnaroo, I don't recall ever hearing of a "tent attack" happening. Usually everyone is in larger groups. It's generally very safe. Bring your girlfriend. It's a great time.

i just remembered at woodstock 99 there was. i was only 14 at the time but mtv seemed pretty against it. as were the beastie boys. they went on the air and said something about how messed up it was

i might be going to this.

going to wait to see whos at Pitchfork.

here's my list of bands i'd see:

* Stevie Wonder

* Jay-Z

* The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform “Dark Side of the Moon”

* The Dead Weather

* Damian Marley and Nas

* Phoenix

* LCD Soundsystem

* Thievery Corporation

* The National

* Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers

* Jeff Beck

* She & Him

* Deadmau5

* Daryl Hall & Chromeo

* Bassnectar

* Kid Cudi

* The xx

* Dan Deacon Ensemble

* Wale

* Miike Snow

* Isis

* Blitzen Trapper

* Calexico

* Lotus

* Baroness

* Japandroids

* Jay Electronica

* The Dodos

* Manchester Orchestra

* Local Natives

* Lucero

* Here We Go Magic

* Neon Indian

dense.

* Stevie Wonder

* Jay-Z

* The Flaming Lips with Stardeath and White Dwarfs perform “Dark Side of the Moon”

* The Dead Weather

* Damian Marley and Nas

* Phoenix

* LCD Soundsystem

* Thievery Corporation

* The National

* Jeff Beck

* She & Him

* Deadmau5

* Daryl Hall & Chromeo

* Bassnectar

* Kid Cudi

* The xx

* Dan Deacon Ensemble

* Wale

* Miike Snow

* Isis

* Blitzen Trapper

* Calexico

* Lotus

* Baroness

* Japandroids

* Jay Electronica

* The Dodos

* Manchester Orchestra

* Local Natives

* Lucero

* Here We Go Magic

* Neon Indian

dense.

look at you liking lucero

not to rain on everyones parade but i wasn't that impressed with bonnaroo, worked there a few years back when radiohead and tom petty were headlining(which was very cool). maybe i'm getting too old and irritable. maybe it's improved in the last few years?

that said, i wouldnt mind checking out coachella sometime. this year looks incredible.

* Stevie Wonder

* Jay-Z

* The Dead Weather

* Damian Marley and Nas

* Phoenix

* LCD Soundsystem

* Thievery Corporation

* The National

* Jeff Beck

* She & Him

* Deadmau5

* Daryl Hall & Chromeo

* Bassnectar

* Kid Cudi

* The xx

* Dan Deacon Ensemble

* Wale

* Miike Snow

* Isis

* Blitzen Trapper

* Calexico

* Lotus

* Baroness

* Japandroids

* Jay Electronica

* The Dodos

* Manchester Orchestra

* Local Natives

* Lucero

* Here We Go Magic

* Neon Indian

dense.

look at you liking lucero

oh, i've always liked Lucero. i knid of wish they'd stick with their super sad country stuff, but everything they've put out has been solid.

Coachella is the worst. It's way too hot and it costs way too much.

i had forgotten about coachella til tuesday and looked at the lineup and was more impressed than bonnaroo and thought abotu goin to coachella. but after seeing this, how much is "too much" and what exactly is it that costs too much

It just costs too much in general. Tickets for the 3 day event are over $300. Camping passes are $55 a car. Water is at least $5. They don't let you bring anything in so you have to buy stuff there.

are you talking to me? i was talking about the camping area. previous years no alcohol was allowed in the camping area. the site clearly says this:

Reasonable amount of beer (limited to 1 case of beer per person) (NO KEGS, NO GLASS, NO LIQUOR), for personal consumption only (NO VENDING), by folks who are of legal age (21), will be permitted to be brought onto the camping areas (not concert area). If, however, in the security's judgment it appears that the amount of alcohol is excessive for the number of persons in the vehicle, or if anyone in the vehicle is under 21 years of age, the organizers reserve the right to deny entry of the vehicle and/or confiscate the alcohol. Kegs may not be brought onto the property. Please keep these things in mind and be sensible about how much you plan to bring in. Beer will be available for purchase on the concert field. Yes boxed wine is ok to bring too.

are you talking to me? i was talking about the camping area the site clearly says this:

Reasonable amount of beer (limited to 1 case of beer per person) (NO KEGS, NO GLASS, NO LIQUOR), for personal consumption only (NO VENDING), by folks who are of legal age (21), will be permitted to be brought onto the camping areas (not concert area). If, however, in the security's judgment it appears that the amount of alcohol is excessive for the number of persons in the vehicle, or if anyone in the vehicle is under 21 years of age, the organizers reserve the right to deny entry of the vehicle and/or confiscate the alcohol. Kegs may not be brought onto the property. Please keep these things in mind and be sensible about how much you plan to bring in. Beer will be available for purchase on the concert field. Yes boxed wine is ok to bring too.

sorry, i forgot to quote the dude asking a million questions about Coachella in a Bonnaroo thread. Definitely was not directed at you.

are you talking to me? i was talking about the camping area the site clearly says this:

sorry, i forgot to quote the dude asking a million questions about Coachella in a Bonnaroo thread. Definitely was not directed at you.

it wasnt a million questions. from what i'd looked at beforehand i figured they would be pretty much the same price, til someone said that coachella was expensive. i read the faqs but still didnt see where it said if camping prices were the whole weekend or per night. i assume per night. where the hell is the coachella thread anyway. but i understand its a bonnaroo thread so uhhh go bonnaroo!! yeah!!!! woooo!! anyone heard of any new bands announced? i havent. woooo

it wasnt a million questions. from what i'd looked at beforehand i figured they would be pretty much the same price, til someone said that coachella was expensive. i read the faqs but still didnt see where it said if camping prices were the whole weekend or per night. i assume per night. where the hell is the coachella thread anyway. but i understand its a bonnaroo thread so uhhh go bonnaroo!! yeah!!!! woooo!! anyone heard of any new bands announced? i havent. woooo

I don't know about price differences, but I know with Bonnaroo, its all about when you buy your tickets. I bought mine in the first tier, which was 200 i believe. Right now they are in the 3rd tier, which is 350.

not sure if coachella does it that way too. Don't forget to factor in where you live, as travel costs will be up there too. From CT to TN for me was about 200 bucks in gas (awesome SUVs! split between 4 people though), 400 round trip. it cost me about 500 bucks for my whole bonnaroo trip.

I don't know about price differences, but I know with Bonnaroo, its all about when you buy your tickets. I bought mine in the first tier, which was 200 i believe. Right now they are in the 3rd tier, which is 350.

not sure if coachella does it that way too. Don't forget to factor in where you live, as travel costs will be up there too. From CT to TN for me was about 200 bucks in gas (awesome SUVs! split between 4 people though), 400 round trip. it cost me about 500 bucks for my whole bonnaroo trip.

$350?

Ticket Price Levels:

Price 1 - $209.50 SOLD OUT

Price 2 - $224.50 SOLD OUT

Price 3 - $234.50

Price 4 - $249.50

Ticket fees are $23.10 per ticket, which includes a $6.00 facility fee, $3.00 contribution to Coffee County, $1.00 charity donation, and service fees.

All tickets are 4-day festival passes (Thursday through Sunday), which include camping and parking (except for RVs and other oversized vehicles, which will require an additional pass. See below).

There is a limit of (10) general admission tickets per order.