Life is like that.

oakland

So I got this crazy tax bill a while back -- something like $9,000. Apparently, however, it was supposed to be more, but when I paid it I didn't send enough. Then I got another bill for roughly another $1,000 for the fees and interest on what I didn't pay initially. OK, got that handled, even though my dog has cancer and it cost me $2,000 to find out what was wrong with her.

Flash forward, I sold my copy of the Lucero "That much further West" LP to a member of the board for $250. I don't really like it, and I needed the money to buy that Isis box set that's coming out. Well, the day after the money order arrived I got another $300 bill, this time from the people that prepare my taxes. I'm all spent out, so the money I got from the Lucero record has to go right to the tax man.

Life is like that sometimes. At least I have a house and a car and food and all that.

Guest scriptedrain
taxes fucking suck. i have my job take more than i'll ever need so i get a return at the end of the year. and i file myself so i don't need to worry about paying anyone.

Same here.