Serious Goodwill Haul

Posted by fourfourtwo on Today at 12:36am

Hey, you interested in selling that Punk TV? I've been looking for it for a while.

i don't think so man, but PM me about it. you never know, we could work something out.

hahaha to the j geils band LPs. yeah, there were a few in there too...

Posted by Andrew on Today at 8:01am

That's awesome man! Just so I'm clear you went to Chales Town not Charleston? I live in Martinsburg WV is the reason why I'm asking

yeah man, Charles Town. I'm now curious what was there before my Girlfriend got to raid their stash. I also scored a Thundercats Board Game from '84 haha.

I am staggered. I've found some cool exotica records for free at the library's book sale, but most folks with cool records tend to sell them to Love Garden or Kief's. Thus, cheap, amazing finds like this don't happen in Lawrence, KS.

We had a library free box in town where i scored the "Sesame Street Fever" record for a book donation, so i'll count that as another good find, haha.

The only record stores around here though have jack squat, unless you're looking for beat-to-shit Journey albums or awesome country records with too high a price tag (Louvin Brothers - Satan is Real for $200 bones? no thanks.). I did happen to get a Clash - London Is Calling ( the '79 Epic pressing) Promo edition for 12 bucks at one record store close by though. other than that, notta.

I feel like a parent/jilted significant other/fool dumped off part of somebody's collection without that person realizing it.

I come from a small town that doesn't have a record store, or even a store that sells CD's aside from Wal-Mart or Zellers but the closest thing to a punk LP I ever found in town was repress of the first Ramones record at a headshop and even then it was ridiculously overpriced so I didn't even pick it. Fuck small towns.

yeah small towns can be a bitch sometimes. a friend of mine was trying to open a tattoo shop/record store/art space, but the lease on the building went to a persian rug reseller....

that maladroit is a pretty good pickup though. i found a Buddy Holly cassette at a thrift store for 50p when i went to England last summer ha.