megabus

i've never had a Megabus excursion before but i'm embarking on one tomorrow.

i'm not exactly sure what the luggage situation is like. is it similar to that of an airplane, where you're allowed one big bag and one carry-on? or is it just "whatever you can fit on your lap/under your seat is what you can bring"?

also, how much time should i allow for "boarding"? i can't imagine there's that much (if any) security checking going on, but i don't want to show up like 15 minutes early and find out i should have gotten there 45 minutes early.

does anybody have any experience with it that can shed some light for me?

Megabus tells you to arrive 15 minutes early. I'd say 20 is probably good... It all depends on how picky you are about where you sit. As far as luggage goes, pack light. they have an under carriage for suitcases but all the Megabuses I've been on don't have the upper shelving most coach buses have. I don't like packing a lot of shit anyways. I like getting away with a backpack if at all possible. I really don't think they give a shit as long as it all fits in your seat and doesn't take up the other one unless you bought two seats. And like I said, small suitcases go in the undercarriage.

All in all Megabus fucking rules. I take it all the time and on a long fucking trip from Philly to Boston even.

EDIT: I'd say, if you're really unsure of where the buses dock 45 minutes is probably good. At least in Philly, NY, and Boston it's not super super super obvious where they dock so if you're new to Megabus-ing it might take you a little while to find where they dock. I almost missed my bus the first time I took it because I couldn't find it. Just find a coffee shop or something to hang out in if you do find it right away.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':att58jg0]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':att58jg0]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Megabus tells you to arrive 15 minutes early. I'd say 20 is probably good... It all depends on how picky you are about where you sit. As far as luggage goes, pack light. they have an under carriage for suitcases but all the Megabuses I've been on don't have the upper shelving most coach buses have. I don't like packing a lot of shit anyways. I like getting away with a backpack if at all possible. I really don't think they give a shit as long as it all fits in your seat and doesn't take up the other one unless you bought two seats. And like I said, small suitcases go in the undercarriage.

All in all Megabus fucking rules. I take it all the time and on a long fucking trip from Philly to Boston even.

EDIT: I'd say, if you're really unsure of where the buses dock 45 minutes is probably good. At least in Philly, NY, and Boston it's not super super super obvious where they dock so if you're new to Megabus-ing it might take you a little while to find where they dock. I almost missed my bus the first time I took it because I couldn't find it. Just find a coffee shop or something to hang out in if you do find it right away.

seriously. took me a while to find the one in nyc. it was just on a street corner a few blocks from penn station, to alleviate some of the people traffic going on there.