So, How Often Do you Come Across Warped Records?

Sorry, I searched for this topic, but couldn't find anything. Although I'm pretty sure it's been raised...

So, how often do you come across new records that play just fine, but are slightly warped? Does this bug you? For example, I noticed that my copies of the Chris Wollard LP and De-Loused in the Comatorium have a slight concave to them. No big deal considering they play well, but just curious...

Record clamp. They work on some - especially when the LP is dished, like the OP's.

I personally mind very much now that I have a higher resolution turntable, as I can clearly hear the warp if it is severe enough. I have successfully flattened warped records using the glass and oven method…

I would be terrified to do that.

Hey, it works! You put the oven on for 100-150º F (a decent oven thermometer from a kitchen supply store helps get the temp perfect) and let it warm up for an hour or so. The other way to do it is place the record between two pieces of glass and put lots of heavy items (books for instance) on top of the glass and leave it for a month or longer.

But the oven and glass is pretty much what record flattener machines does…

I have a few slightly warped records but they all play fine. I have way more parcels show up with damaged covers. It doesn't really bother me, i don't mind a bit of ware of sleeves, it makes them looked loved! the only time i get bummed out is when it is part of my Lawrence Arms collection it is the only one i would like in perfect condition, yet they are always the records that arrive all dinged up!