Skatepunk memory lane

Damn, yesterday I have seen Venerea again since years and I had to figure out that this skate punk sound is still a big topic to me. I remember the good old days, skating all day long and listening to Venerea,Satanic Surfers etc.............It felt great. Yesterday I was 13 years old again for a short time!

love some "skate punk" even though i dont associate any of those bans with skateboarding. when i think of music and skateboarding the bands that pop in my head are:

-misfits

-romones

-modest mouse

-grey matter

-iron maiden

-slayer

-blockheads

-the make-up

-black flag

-minor threat

theres tons of other stuff, i guess its all music i picked up from skate videos. had it not been for those videos i would probably never had gotten to far from guttermouth, mxpx, and offspring at a ripe old age of twelve in 98.

Meh... back in my day skatepunk was Token Entry, McRad, and the Faction.

No shit. Also not found in this thread -> Drunk Injuns, JFA, Los Ovildados, Septic Death, Big Boys, TSOL, Gang Green, Accused, Christ on Parade, SNFU, Stupids, Firehose, Minutemen, etc. etc. etc.

You guys need to step up your games!

No shit. Also not found in this thread -> Drunk Injuns, JFA, Los Ovildados, Septic Death, Big Boys, TSOL, Gang Green, Accused, Christ on Parade, SNFU, Stupids, Firehose, Minutemen, etc. etc. etc.

jfa was one of my favs.. but to add to the list (though some might not be considered skate punk) it's what i loved listening too while skatin: black flag, Ludichrist, SOD, slammin' watusis', wasted youth, cryptic slaughter, hickoids, rkl, suicidal tendencies, minor threat, Hard-Ons, DRI, among others..

and lastly STIKKY. because they just rule.

good call on The Stupids!!!!!

and if anyone has the SNFU - ...And no one else wanted to play LP (with the diane arbus cover), and want to sell it, please let me know.

I think some of you in this thread understood the term "skatepunk" wrong, in this case it means melodic punk/rock

There is definitely 2 eras of skate punk... early Gang green, bones brigade, faction, JFA, nardcore, and agression type of bands and then the newer skate core bands that are more fast/technical/melodic like adhesive, millencolin, satanic surfers, nofx...

Basically, anything on Skate Rock Volumes 1 through 5 and anything in "Wheels of Fire", "Streets of Fire", or the early Bones Brigade videos.

I think some of you in this thread understood the term "skatepunk" wrong, in this case it means melodic punk/rock

There is definitely 2 eras of skate punk... early Gang green, bones brigade, faction, JFA, nardcore, and agression type of bands and then the newer skate core bands that are more fast/technical/melodic like adhesive, millencolin, satanic surfers, nofx...

Two eras... The OGs and the posers.