New releases now available (YOUNG WIDOWS, FLOOR)!!

Got a pretty serious update for ya this week, with new Robotic Empire label releases and a pretty hefty update to our Online Store as well. Here we go...

[image]

First and foremost, nearly a year in the making is the YOUNG WIDOWS Live Radio Performance April 6, 2009 12". Having known these (solid) dudes since the chaotic heyday of their formerer outfit BREATHER RESIST, up through jumping in the van with them last year...witnessing live and then sneaking off with the sole copy of this radio performance, having it professionally mastered and approaching the band about a release... its suffice to say that YOUNG WIDOWS are essentially OLD KIN at this point. It is with great honor and excitement that we present this fantastic snapshot of these lifers in action.

[image]

500 copies of this were pressed on 180 GRAM black vinyl, with skull artwork by SKELETON ROYAL (Dan Davis/BAD SECRETS). A preview track from this live album can be found here and you can pick up the LP now in the Robotic Empire - Online Store.

[image]

At the opposite end of the format spectrum is the 8xCD set from FLOOR, compiling all of the same music from the massive Below & Beyond deluxe box set... creating a more affordable, stripped-down CD-only version (due to overwhelming demand). We made 700 copies of this 8xCD version, most of them available from stores/bigger sites/distros/etc, as well as from the band themselves at their upcoming reunion shows (starting next week)! We actually only got 50 copies for our Online Store, which are now available here. Copies of the deluxe 10xLP, 1x7", 8xCD Box Set version still remain as well.

[image]

On that note: the deluxe vinyl set is finally DONE and now in house! We've currently shipped out about half of the pre-orders so far and are busting ass to get the rest out ASAP. This has been a lot more labor intensive than we anticipated, and we've chosen to really secure the holy hell out of each box set as opposed to just rushing it. Some extra helping hands have been brought in to expedite things, so everyone who's pre-ordered the FLOOR box set should be receiving their copy soon! Anyone who's still interested in this beast and hasn't picked it up yet: now is the time.

Last and possibly least, some additional spring cleaning/moving sale action is under way with a weird string of posters, prints, proofs and other random rarities all up now on ebay. A bunch of John Dyer Baizley (BARONESS) rarities are in there, along with an original TORCHE Meanderthal test print, some Daniel Danger rarities and a bunch of other stuff. These auctions are running for 7 days and everything starts at 99 cents with no reserve: check it out.

Oh yeah, we also got a pile of cool stuff for the Robotic Empire - Online Store too. Mostly new jammers & restocks from staples Magic Bullet and Denovali, but also threw online a handful of old Robotic Archive items found during recent cleanup. Just 1 copy of most of those old Robo items, so if you don't see them available on the site they already sold out. For more info on those items you can check our blog, thanks!

Robotic Empire's news blog/archive

im remaining as calm as possible while typing this. My Floor box set showed up today at my parents and i am very happy. However due to an open house at my apartment I am now blocked in my driveway for at least the next hour. MOTHER FUCKERS!

back to calm. this is easily the most excited i have ever been about a record.

Thanks for all the kind words, dudes!

There's no MP3 code or CD or anything with the YOUNG WIDOWS 12", just the vinyl on 180 gram and a pretty simple sleeve. Band wanted to keep it simple, so we obliged.

I've got bad news: the THOU 12" EP is delayed at least an additional 2-4 weeks, the gatefold jackets are all screwed up and need to be re-printed... so it might not be a great idea to hold out too long on placing an order, but you can see the available quantity of items on our site pretty easily on each individual item's page, near the "add to cart" button. That "quantity available" thing is small, but pretty accurate.

Thanks again everyone!!

love the cd's but what a pain in the arse to get those things back in. thankfully ill only have to remove them once.

Also it's such a small detail but I LOVE the way the 7" is packaged in with the s/t. very neat.

I'm still in the infant stages of this monster but everything is great. I cant wait and sit down tomorrow and knock out the whole thing and read the booklet.

also, selling a bunch of posters. these end in 2 days: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZroboticempire

EBAY:

* ADAM JURESKO STOP IT!! Robotic Poster Framed Art LOT

* BARONESS Blue Record John Dyer Baizley Burlesque print

* BLACK TUSK Fallen Kingdom demo CD John Baizley Baroness

* DANIEL DANGER Ghostship Sink or Swim Print Horkey Stout

* DANIEL DANGER Melt Banana uncut poster Horkey Stout

* DANIEL DANGER My Tigerlily Rests... 2 Print Set Horkey

* DAUGHTERS SERIPOP Aids Wolf Hydra Head 2 Poster Lot

* GODSPEED YOU BLACK EMPEROR Lift Your framed Poster Isis

* HARVEY MILK MOGWAI YOUNG WIDOWS TORCHE 3 Posters LOT

* ISIS PELICAN GREGOR SAMSA Letterpress poster numbered

* JOHN DYER BAIZLEY Mushrooms Print Baroness Torche /100