Photo: JAWBREAKER "Unfun" LP

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

We just got these in and I am about to put my copy on the record player. I am so excited. We have copies on clear vinyl. Word on the street is that Hot Topic has an exclusive color (can't remember what color that is though).

We have a few more copies of this album in our store. Get one while you can. http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/bb07-1

Copies will begin to ship out tomorrow. Not sure if you saw, but we got hit with a pretty gnarly snow storm that killed our power til just now. We also ordered copies of the CD, but for some reason didn't get any. I should have the cds by early next week.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot Topic still got an exclusive color? Man, any way possible that Jawbreaker can make Hot Topic a part of this equation just mystifies me. Why are they so far up Hot Topic's ass? First trying to make this a 4-6 month HT exclusive release (which thankfully didn't work) and now giving them all of a specific color? Do all 3 band members own major stock in that piece of shit store or what???

Hot Topic still got an exclusive color? Man, any way possible that Jawbreaker can make Hot Topic a part of this equation just mystifies me. Why are they so far up Hot Topic's ass? First trying to make this a 4-6 month HT exclusive release (which thankfully didn't work) and now giving them all of a specific color? Do all 3 band members own major stock in that piece of shit store or what???

Just wondering...what about Jawbreaker doing an exclusive color for HT upsets you?

HT gets exclusive colors for all kinds of stuff.

Just wondering...what about Jawbreaker doing an exclusive color for HT upsets you?

HT is very selective, but when they order something it is generally a large amount (to a small label at any rate), then they do this wacky thing where they pay really fast and on time. It's really hard to say no, especially when the folks behind the scenes are so freaking nice. There really is no other comparable outlet in "that world". Where else are you going to find a Jawbreaker LP in a mall? That said, obviously there is a commitment within the loose "community" to support independent, one-location, local stores and that could perhaps create an internal conflict or debate. With that concept in mind, I can say that I have never seen a correlation between HT carrying one of our releases and a fall in sales via other distributors or direct mailorder... Whereas I can say absolutely that HT has occasionally created a boom with records that had previously slowed down elsewhere (HWM/AT split for example). Weird, huh?

HT is very selective, but when they order something it is generally a large amount (to a small label at any rate), then they do this wacky thing where they pay really fast and on time. It's really hard to say no, especially when the folks behind the scenes are so freaking nice. There really is no other comparable outlet in "that world". Where else are you going to find a Jawbreaker LP in a mall? That said, obviously there is a commitment within the loose "community" to support independent, one-location, local stores and that could perhaps create an internal conflict or debate. With that concept in mind, I can say that I have never seen a correlation between HT carrying one of our releases and a fall in sales via other distributors or direct mailorder... Whereas I can say absolutely that HT has occasionally created a boom with records that had previously slowed down elsewhere (HWM/AT split for example). Weird, huh?

I find more No Idea, Asian Man, and Dischord releases at HT then the majority of indie record stores in Philly and Jersey. With barely any markup on the price tag I might add. Can't understand hating a place that has what you want and keeps it on the cheap.