VC PHILLY PIB/Loved Ones/Algernon house show 2nite

I'm there. So there. Fuck yes.

Please bring your camera!

Haha...funny story about my camera. Back in February I got robbed when I went to Boston and guess what got taken?

I have a shitty point and shoot and I'll try and take some photos but it won't be the same :(

I'm getting to the venue between 5:30/ 6. SO STOKED

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

debating going down, but I imagine there is already a ton of people there.

Why would there already be a ton of people there if the show doesn't even start until 6:30?

It's someone's house. I'm pretty sure they'd tell people to go away if that were the case and it would be a dead giveaway to the pigs if there were a group of people standing around some house at 4 in the afternoon.

debating going down, but I imagine there is already a ton of people there.

Why would there already be a ton of people there if the show doesn't even start until 6:30?

It's someone's house. I'm pretty sure they'd tell people to go away if that were the case and it would be a dead giveaway to the pigs if there were a group of people standing around some house at 4 in the afternoon.

cause it's 3 of the 4 biggest bands in Philadelphia, playing a basement in Philadelphia. There not going to let THAT many people in. There are definitely going to be a lot of people lingering around the area pretty soon. They're not gonna be right out front, but pretty close i'm sure.

Please bring your camera!

Haha...funny story about my camera. Back in February I got robbed when I went to Boston and guess what got taken?

I have a shitty point and shoot and I'll try and take some photos but it won't be the same :(

I'm getting to the venue between 5:30/ 6. SO STOKED

Damn, that sucks about your camera. :(

^ Surprisingly I reacted much better than I thought I would to my camera getting stolen.

and

HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY SHIT.

SERIOUSLY ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS I'VE EVER BEEN TO. RIVALED WITH THE PAINT IT BLAcK REcORD RELEASE SHOWS FOR NEW LEXIcON.*

cobra Lung was awesome.

Lighten Up! was awesome.

Algernon cadwallader....well the people that like them thought they were awesome (I'm really ambivalent about them. Sorry. They're ok I guess....meh)

The Loved Ones were amazing and played a new song.

Paint It Black. Oh lordy. I really don't need to discuss how brilliant they are in every way. And they played Goliath. Fuck yeah.

Some guy was filming the whole thing. So I hope there will be video soon online. The house was fucking packed as full as it could get. It was utter chaos and mayhem. Especially during Paint It Black. I had a really good (and safe) vantage point from the stair case. It was hot as fuck. I'm disgusting. My sweat and everyone else's sweat. But godfucking damn was it amazing. Before Algernon's set Andy from PIB announced that he had bought a few cases of beer and then proceeded to hand beer out to everyone in the crowd. I never had a straight-edge boy buy me beer before. It was cool.

And I have Dan Yemin's blessing for my Paint It Black tattoo. I will be getting it within the next couple months. It makes me happy that he approves. I always love talking to him. He really is one of the greatest people in the universe.

*My "c" key doesn't work on my keyboard. I have to command + v the letter c when I type it. I don't feel like having to find a capital c so sorry if my caps look weird.

I really liked it. Some bitch was trying to talk to me during the song ("OH HEY DO I KNOW YOU FROM SOMEWHERE?" "PROBABLY BEcAUSE I'M AT LIKE EVERY PAINT IT BLAcK SHOW EVER AND YOU'VE PROBABLY SEEN ME THERE, NOW STFU I'M TRYING TO LISTEN TO THIS) so I didn't get to take it in as intensely as I'd have liked to.

It sounded more in the vein of Keep Your Heart stuff. Fast and melodic punk stuffs. :)

It was a really good mix of every album and EP. Oh yeah, and they fucking played Goliath (it bears mentioning again). I've only heard them play it the night of the record release show. Was stoking hardcore. All PIB setlists run together in my head as I've seen them a billion times, but the amount of songs from each album were pretty even. They closed with Memorial Day (they usually do though), I like seeing the stuff from the EPs put into normal rotation now too.

This was also their first show since September apparently.