BAD FEED BACK ON EBAY

Here's a question, and if it's been asked before I apologize.

How do you base your decisions on purchasing something from someone on ebay, for example if some has like a 98% do you still go ahead and buy from them, or do you wait for another seller with better feedback to have the item. Or does it just depend on how bad you want the record, you'll over look the bad feedback and hope for the best. I'd like your imput, thanks

If this is in the wrong board, sorry. Move it.................

Yeah, you need to read up on the situation. I've gotten negative feedback for the dumbest reasons, so I'm only at 96.7% right now

What were some of the reasons? I only just started regularly selling shit on eBay recently, and I'm always paranoid about that.

One, because a guy in Italy bid on something I was selling, and I clearly stated in the listing that I was not offering international shipping on it, because it would have been really expensive (about $60 to send overseas). I refunded his money immediately, and he left me bad feedback.

And the other was rottentone. Record got lost in the mail so I gave him a full refund, and after I saw that he had bought a dozen copies of Punk in Drublic, and was posting about it on here, I called him an asshole in the thread, so he went back to ebay and left me negative feedback as well, even though i gave him his money back.

Ebay really doesnt give a shit about sellers anymore.

What were some of the reasons? I only just started regularly selling shit on eBay recently, and I'm always paranoid about that.

One, because a guy in Italy bid on something I was selling, and I clearly stated in the listing that I was not offering international shipping on it, because it would have been really expensive (about $60 to send overseas). I refunded his money immediately, and he left me bad feedback.

And the other was rottentone. Record got lost in the mail so I gave him a full refund, and after I saw that he had bought a dozen copies of Punk in Drublic, and was posting about it on here, I called him an asshole in the thread, so he went back to ebay and left me negative feedback as well, even though i gave him his money back.

Ebay really doesnt give a shit about sellers anymore.

That sux man it really does, this dude is killing me, record's taking forever, it's supposed to be a gift and he won't return my emails.

i sold a brand new picture disc that came in one of those plastic sleeves. the guy got it and it had broke the seams of the plastic sleeve. the guy messaged me and said: personally, i send my records separate from the sleeves to avoid this issue. i refuse to pay shipping back on a poorly packed item. send me a new sleeve or give me a full refund.

first of all, dipshit, it was BRAND NEW. if i took it out of the sleeve, it wouldn't be brand new, now, would it? sorry, i do not run a label or a store or whatever, so i can't supply you with a new sleeve. i WON'T give you a full refund unless you send it back to me. i even offered the guy to pay return shipping PLUS a full refund. it was packed well like any other record. i even have a disclaimer in the description that the buyer assumes all risk of damage done to the record while it is in transit.

i had one negative feedback and i'm stuck at 96.7% or something. total bullshit. i told ebay about it and they said unless what they say in the feedback violates the terms, then there's nothing that can be done about it.

All of these are reasons I avoid selling on ebay like the plague. Total apathy towards sellers and outrageously high fees.

everyone needs to pimp the shit out of Limited Pressing. i haven't sold anything on there yet, simply because it doesnt get near as much traffic yet. but once it picks up speed, i will probably completely abandon ebay

outrageously high fees.

You can say that again. I sold a handful of items on eBay recently, and I just had to pay off forty fucking dollars in eBay seller fees - and it's not like anything I sold went for hundreds of dollars or anything like that. Granted, I did choose a few more expensive options on some of the auctions, but still, I'm kind of in awe of how much my fees were.

Also, wow, some buyers are such assholes. I have 100% feedback right now, with about 120 sales/purchases (mostly the latter) - I'll be so pissed if someone fucks that up for a dumb reason.

Anyone have any advices for selling shit on Ebay? I've had success selling shit on half.com and have 100% feedback with over 180 sales. What's the best way to protect myself as a seller?

No refunds. Not responsible for damage during shipping. Take good pictures. Yadda yadda yadda. You basically have to be an asshole or you run the chance of getting screwed over.

That's why I just stick to the boards. I've probably done 50 trades/sales between here and deadformat and haven't run into any problems yet.

All of these are reasons I avoid selling on ebay like the plague. Total apathy towards sellers and outrageously high fees.

everyone needs to pimp the shit out of Limited Pressing. i haven't sold anything on there yet, simply because it doesnt get near as much traffic yet. but once it picks up speed, i will probably completely abandon ebay

that's the only problem with limited pressing, the low amount of traffic. even if you post about your auctions there on multiple boards you won't get nearly the amount of people bidding or even looking at it as opposed to ebay.

i listed stuff back when they were doing the test press auction for the Haiti relief effort, the site was getting tons of hits during those weeks and hence my auctions sold and went for way more than i ever expected. i've listed stuff in the months since and not one person bid.

that's the only problem with limited pressing, the low amount of traffic. even if you post about your auctions there on multiple boards you won't get nearly the amount of people bidding or even looking at it as opposed to ebay.

i listed stuff back when they were doing the test press auction for the Haiti relief effort, the site was getting tons of hits during those weeks and hence my auctions sold and went for way more than i ever expected. i've listed stuff in the months since and not one person bid.

agreed. ive been snagging stuff on there super cheap