8 Simple rules for attending a show with me

john

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind the whole hardcore dancing thing. I just hate the fact that people do it to either A. Showoff how sweet their moves are which means that a ton of people aren't even paying attention to the bands which is suppossed to be the reason you're at the show. And B. I can't stand when people try to hurt you.If you hurt me by accident it's cool but if you are trying to round house kick me in the face I'm going to be pissed.

in the last year shows ive been at have gotten so much more violent, its made me really not enjoy them

face to face's farewell tour my lady and i started the show at the front, at the barricade because moneen was opening (and killed). like two songs into face to face's set, some twiggy blonde girl wrecked out of her mind on some kind of substance apparently decided that fist-pumping wasn't enough and started punching my girl and me in the back of our heads. after a couple i couldn't take it anymore so i turned around and grabbed her by the throat and told her to stop it. two minutes later she punched me in the temple, knocking my glasses off my face and underfoot, giving me a black eye. it was ridiculous. i couldn't see a fucking thing so my woman turned around and punched her in the nose. that did it.

I saw Social Distortion at a big radio concert like two years ago and there was this dude in front of me who pumped the devil horns for every moment of every song. Here is my interpretation of him during "Story of my Life:"

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/\m/\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/\m/\m/\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/\m/\m/\m/\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/\m/

...and "Sick Boy:"

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/

\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/

\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/\m/\m/ \m/\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/\m/\m/

i dont mind people doing their own thing...if you want to mosh - go in the pit...if you dont - stay out of the pit

depends on how im feeling or the show but i go back between standing in the back and going crazy at the front but you just kind of have to know what youre getting into and if you want a "sick mosh" dont fucking try to hit people that obviously arent there for that

that being said...hardcore dancing is the most ridiculous thing ive ever witnessed. ever.

I can't believe some of the complaints in this thread. kids going nuts is what adds to a bands live show. if you take that away, the bands lose some of that energy they draw from the crowds response. I'd rather have 10 kids going absolutely bonkers and nuts for my band than 100 kids just standing there looking like they bent their dick over their taint into their asshole. yes, there are shitty people who dance like assholes for hardcore shows, but its nothing new. apparently few of you are in bands?

I can't believe some of the complaints in this thread. kids going nuts is what adds to a bands live show. if you take that away, the bands lose some of that energy they draw from the crowds response. I'd rather have 10 kids going absolutely bonkers and nuts for my band than 100 kids just standing there looking like they bent their dick over their taint into their asshole. yes, there are shitty people who dance like assholes for hardcore shows, but its nothing new. apparently few of you are in bands?

Yeah but there's a big difference between going nuts and having fun and interfering with someone else's ability to have fun.

CHATTANOOGA SHOWS FOR LIFE! THE SHOW DON'T END UNTIL THE PIZZA IS STUCK TO THE CEILING OF THE CLUB!

God we miss you guys. Come back.

I'm talking about when I'm near the back of the crowd just trying to enjoy the band and some kid is spazzing out and dancing the maniac by him/herself like 20 feet from the pit. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying enthusiasim is wrong but if you are going to go crazy go to the pit, thats what its for.

CHATTANOOGA SHOWS FOR LIFE! THE SHOW DON'T END UNTIL THE PIZZA IS STUCK TO THE CEILING OF THE CLUB!

I watched the video we have of that house show we played in march... I think i ripped the ceiling fan down? man, that was a hazy night for me.

I watched the video we have of that house show we played in march... I think i ripped the ceiling fan down? man, that was a hazy night for me.

You did good sir. If you've got the time send me a YSI link of the video. I'd love to have it.

You did good sir. If you've got the time send me a YSI link of the video. I'd love to have it.

the video is terrible... one of the bearathon guys was taping and was competely wasted so its mostly video of shaking images, hahaha, god I cant believe how many people were in that house. do they still have shows there? I think I told everyone to do a circle pit through the entire house including the bedroom that was "off-limits". did anyone do it?

QFT!

funniest related thing ive ever witnessed was at rutgersfest a few years back. NAS was headlining and Dropkick Murphys were playing right before him. so all these thug nas fans are up in front trying to wait it out through the 'punk rock band' so they have a good view for nas. i shouldnt really have to explain what happened next. but i will..... these kids start going completely nuts. i mean fucking crazy. and all these hip-hop kids are caught in the middle of this pit, having absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on. the bass player from murphys comes on the mic between songs and tells the bouncers to help these kids because "they didnt know what they were getting themselves into" im surprised it wasnt worse and some ignorant thug kid didnt try to start a fight. all the while im standing back laughing my ass off.

funniest related thing ive ever witnessed was at rutgersfest a few years back. NAS was headlining and Dropkick Murphys were playing right before him. so all these thug nas fans are up in front trying to wait it out through the 'punk rock band' so they have a good view for nas. i shouldnt really have to explain what happened next. but i will..... these kids start going completely nuts. i mean fucking crazy. and all these hip-hop kids are caught in the middle of this pit, having absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on. the bass player from murphys comes on the mic between songs and tells the bouncers to help these kids because "they didnt know what they were getting themselves into" im surprised it wasnt worse and some ignorant thug kid didnt try to start a fight. all the while im standing back laughing my ass off.

Amazing. I wish I could have witnessed that.

Ahh you gotta love the Dropkicks, those kids have class.