Fucked Up got me with an April Fools Joke

Fucked Up got my hung over ass with an april fools joke. Dammit.

"Fucked Up posted a killer write up of SXSW a few days ago that called out one of the sponsors of their showcase. Said sponsor is now pissed and suing. I hope the judge throws the case out by saying "You worked with a band called Fucked Up and you think they're somehow going to hurt your image now?"

http://www.the1stfive.com/news/fucked-up-sued-by-energy-drink-company/"

It's 100% an April Fool's joke. Call either one of the phone numbers listed in the "lawsuit" PDF -- it ain't a lawyer's office. Plus, the "Thriller Energy Drink" website was created on March 30.

DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ. (EXCEPT WHAT YOU'RE READING RIGHT NOW. THIS, YOU CAN BELIEVE.)

It's 100% an April Fool's joke. Call either one of the phone numbers listed in the "lawsuit" PDF -- it ain't a lawyer's office. Plus, the "Thriller Energy Drink" website was created on March 30.

DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ. (EXCEPT WHAT YOU'RE READING RIGHT NOW. THIS, YOU CAN BELIEVE.)

Probably, I'm just insanely hungover from a King Khan show last night. Can't tell which way is up.

i just read this via your editor in chief on twitter, did he get done by it or was he playing along? haha

i just read this via your editor in chief on twitter, did he get done by it or was he playing along? haha

Haha, yeah, he fell for it.

When I was in the newspaper biz, we'd plan the April Fools issue months in advance. My paper was odd in that it was a professional, respected, daily paper but the target audience was college kids in Boulder. That meant we could get away with a lot. So fun.

Daily Camera?

No, I said professional and respected. The Colorado Daily. This was prior to the period when Scripps bought us and then forced me to conform. That's when I quit. Today the two papers carry almost entirely identical content and the design is so pandering and childish I want to puke every time I see it. We had a good 119 year ride of rebellion and journalism while it lasted.

Daily Camera?

No, I said professional and respected. The Colorado Daily. This was prior to the period when Scripps bought us and then forced me to conform. That's when I quit. Today the two papers carry almost entirely identical content and the design is so pandering and childish I want to puke every time I see it. We had a good 119 year ride of rebellion and journalism while it lasted.

wait you're telling me the Colorado Daily used to be....good?

mind: blown.