iPhone OS 4.0 announcement on Thursday

Multi-tasking. Improved battery life.

I'd say it's kind of unfair to want both better battery life and multitasking.

Probably, i'm not expecting it to do both it's just what i would like it do, i would take improved battery life over multitasking anyday.

Like i said my iPhone works fine as it is, they are just things i think would improve it. But i'm expecting it more from the Hardware upgrades of the new iPhone.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we'd get folders. They'd be nice, but that steps away from Steve's idea of keeping these simple.

The ihone interface is becoming dated though. There should def. be some tweaks to get battery life back to how it was before OS 3.0.

I think Multitasking should be limited to 2 apps. That way it's still simple and it's not killing your battery. You can reply to a text while playing a game. Send an e-mail while looking up a restaurant on Yelp, etc...

There are only two things that I want my iphone to do that it cannot.

1) I want to make custom ringtones for txts. I don't like how there are only a few to choose from, and they are all half a second long.

2) I want the Maps app to have an option for "Avoid toll roads"

That is all.

1. agreed

2. also, "avoid ghetto" would be awesome

I would like to see an orientation lock. I figure it would be incredibly easy to implement since it's now in the iPad software. Other than that, I have no idea what to expect.

Some apps already have this.

I think multitasking on a iphone is kind of a waste. Its a tiny screen, what are you going to do? You can already be on the phone and bring up a game to play or something, its super simple to close and open another app and most apps bring you back to the same place.

I'd rather see some file structure or something that would allow me to remove or edit MPs3 on the phone itself.

I'd love a simple file storage system so it can act as a thumb drive.

I would like to see an orientation lock. I figure it would be incredibly easy to implement since it's now in the iPad software. Other than that, I have no idea what to expect.

Some apps already have this.

I think multitasking on a iphone is kind of a waste. Its a tiny screen, what are you going to do? You can already be on the phone and bring up a game to play or something, its super simple to close and open another app and most apps bring you back to the same place.

You can run music apps while using others at the same time. That's kind of big, but besides that and a couple other instances I agree.

Why the goddammit? Did you never notice the ads that have been in place for ages? From what I can tell, all this does is rather than clicking them and opening Safari, you click them and then within your app it opens up a new page for the ad (which you can presumably close at any time). I say that's a huge improvement over the way it currently is.

I can't see why anyone would place an ad in an application that is paid. Seems like a dick move. Though from what I've heard from a friend who made an iPhone app, they're easy enough to add in as it is. If an app doesn't have them now, I can't imagine this causing them to add them.

From the demo, the ads look the same as old ads, the difference is when you click them. They're more user friendly.

since i have a 3g, im probably not even going to update until i have to

The updates come free for iPhones, so I don't see why you wouldn't update as soon as possible to take advantage of the other features. (I have an iPhone 3g too, but I'm not all that bummed about this. It's pretty understandable.)

I can't see why anyone would place an ad in an application that is paid. Seems like a dick move. Though from what I've heard from a friend who made an iPhone app, they're easy enough to add in as it is. If an app doesn't have them now, I can't imagine this causing them to add them.

From the demo, the ads look the same as old ads, the difference is when you click them. They're more user friendly.

I've seen some paid apps with ads. People freak out when that stuff happens.