Kickstarter: Twothirtyeight "You should Be Living"

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that people are just wary of the kickstarter deal. i can't stress this enough. this is going to happen. I'm saving everything i can to pick up the slack of everything else. It will be made. People have to just pledge. Its cheaper to pledge now and buy a copy than it will be to buy a copy once they're in hand. That $15 pledge is record plus shipping. how can you go wrong with that.

Holy shit, kickstarter is the worst idea ever. Save up your money and release your own record.

Also, this is dumb:

hey guy... thems muh words.... this is my dream. why you gotta shit on it?

because you're pursuing your dream like a jackass and it pains the rest of the world to see you informing the internet about it even a little bit.

because you're pursuing your dream like a jackass and it pains the rest of the world to see you informing the internet about it even a little bit.

hey Matt, why don't you go over to DF and explain to those kids in your mammoth grinder thread why their records haven't shown up yet. then go onto your radio show and hype my kickstarter page like a nice boy. I thought we were friends. gosh!

Holy shit, kickstarter is the worst idea ever. Save up your money and release your own record.

Also, this is dumb:

your dream is to run a "record label" that requires people to pledge money in order to be able to put out releases? sounds familiar... and you saw how that worked out.

you have no sense of history and have no grasp of how record labels operate. this "dream" will end after the debacle that is sure to ensue with this garbage release.

to be fair, ive seen other small labels use kickstarter without nearly as much as whining.

that said, using kickstarter isnt much different than opening say a free bigcartel store and just taking preorders. you get 5 free items on bigcartel so you could easily put those 4 package deals up which is basically all those really are.

anyway, im fuzzy on how the whole kickstarter thing works anyway. what happens if you dont reach your goal by the end date? does the money just get refunded or what?

to be fair, ive seen other small labels use kickstarter without nearly as much as whining.

that said, using kickstarter isnt much different than opening say a free bigcartel store and just taking preorders. you get 5 free items on bigcartel so you could easily put those 4 package deals up which is basically all those really are.

anyway, im fuzzy on how the whole kickstarter thing works anyway. what happens if you dont reach your goal by the end date? does the money just get refunded or what?

No one pays money up front. It's a "pledge".

If and only if the goal is reached, then money is taken, if it doesn't reach the goal, no one is charged.

As of right now. No money has exchanged hands.

i'm glad that i inspired you to come out of lurking and actually post something dude. And my dream isn't to run a record label, my dream is to see this amazing record get a proper vinyl release. and to those people who share that dream with me, this is our best opportunity at the moment. take your elitist bullshit elsewhere.

This will happening no matter how many of the trolls come out to shit on it.

If and only if the goal is reached, then money is taken, if it doesn't reach the goal, no one is charged.

gotcha. i was under the impression that the record was happening irregardless which is why i thought it made more sense to just take preorders.

gotcha. i was under the impression that the record was happening irregardless which is why i thought it made more sense to just take preorders.

the record is happening regardless because daniel wants to put it out, but people pledging and essentially pre-ordering the record will just help it move along quicker.

this isn't a one off label that just wants to put out a twothirtyeight record. we've already put out one record with another one besides twothirtyeight in the works as well. fuck that guy who made a fake account just to post some bullshit.