Worst Holiday Gift ever?

mrc

shitty holiday gifts. what was it, who gave it to you.

Discuss

last year a friend of ours made us these 3 sugar infused Fruit cakes knowing that Im a diabetic and plus fruit cake is fucking gross. The girl that made this for us is an amazing cook and the fact she decided to make fruit cake boggles the mind.

Not the worst gift ever. Im sure socks or boxers could win but i was annoyed

Not necessarily a "worst gift" but anytime I have gotten clothes that don't fit...It's brothersome. Whenever asked what I want for the holidays I make it very clear that anything except clothing is game...I like to do my own clothes shopping unless it's a specific article that I want and will suggest it.

Otherwise, please no clothes...esp. boxers.

Jelly of the month club is amazing!

Yeah i didnt get a xmas bonus (cash) last year. We have a huge xmas party with a jazz band and full bar and what not. For thank you gifts to the clients and people we deal with, our company bought ipod shuffle for everyone. Well not everyone picked up their gift bags after the party and there were leftovers. So we each got one of the leftover Ipod shuffles.

I mean a ipod shuffle is a cool gift except for the fact they were all leftovers and werent for us. they were just too lazy to actually think of something for the staff. It was a known fact that every single person except 1 already had an Ipod. Must of them owning an 80 gbs, so a shuffle was kinda of use less. Everyone re-gifted it.

I ended up selling mine on ebay but still. we bust our ass all year to get leftovers.

This story makes me sound extremely greedy, but that is not the case. it was more of a case of lack of consideration that really got to me, not the gift itself.

Man, that last post makes me seem like an asshole.

But i would rather get a crappy/unwanted gift that someone tried and put time and effort into, then get a gift that was not intended for you at all, and had no thought or effort attached to it.

whatever

naw I don't think it makes you seem like an asshole. I'd be pissed as well. It sucks to bust your ass for someone, or some company and then get nothing in return.

I enjoy Gap underwear. Not boxers, but the heavy boxer/briefs. They're extrememly comfortable, but they just suck sometimes because they're made from thick fabric which means sweating. I'll have to check out those Old Navy boxers. Last time I bought a pair there they didn't fit well (I realized I should go at least one size bigger than normal there) and the material was scratchy.