Who would you pay 100 dollars to see

cj

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would have to say Hot Water Music. I know they toured a lot, but I only really got into them about three years ago, so missed out completely.

That being said, I am flying to Orlando to see them next month, so I HAVE paid more than $100 to see someone play.

My vote would've been for The Clash.

I would absolutely pay $100 or more to see Tom Waits. He rarely ever performs and his music is so amazing that I know it would be a wonderful experience.

i paid a LOT more than a $100 for my ticket to see tom waits and i don't regret it because it was one of the greatest shows i've ever seen.

it is somewhat different when flying/travelling to shows because for me, i view them as mini vacations...i do this more often than i care to admit, but every single one of them has been worthwhile:

Fest 6

Washington DC to see Report Suspicious Activity

Houston for OP!!! record release and aaron dangers b-day party w/ chuck ragan playing

New York to See Grey Area Reunion at CBGBs

New york to see KYI Last Shows

New york to see Silent Majority Reunions

Louisville to see Avail

Louisville to see By the Grace of God Reunion

San Diego to see last RFTC show

LA to see the Hootenany in 2001(Social D, Chuck Berry at Irvine Meadows)

not including tours and closer long distance drives.

I was telling people I'd pay $1000 to see the Police play a small club...cause i'd certainly not ever pay $100+ for a stadium show.

i think there are a lot of factors but venue is definitely one of them.

yeah.. i wouldn't pay $100 for a larry arms show unless it was the last one. or a reunion. buttttt... that's just me. i'd just tell myself, "there'll be other, cheaper shows that they're gonna play."

but i see what you're saying. there are some real dicks in those lawrence arms crowds.