whats the longest tattoo session you've had??

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Koi tattoo (which you can see pics of on my Myspace) took a total of 14+ hours.

It was spread out over a few sessions of 3-4 hours each one.

Sidenote...during one of the sessions, it required me to be lying down on the table (the tattoo is on my entire right leg below the knee) and I fell asleep for a good hour or so...for some odd reason the feel of the needle while the piece was being colored and shaded lulled me to sleep...I had also not gotten any sleep the night before so that helped...One girl who was getting tattooed also commented to me that she has no idea how I could have fallen asleep while getting tattooed...

My Koi tattoo (which you can see pics of on my Myspace) took a total of 14+ hours.

It was spread out over a few sessions of 3-4 hours each one.

Sidenote...during one of the sessions, it required me to be lying down on the table (the tattoo is on my entire right leg below the knee) and I fell asleep for a good hour or so...for some odd reason the feel of the needle while the piece was being colored and shaded lulled me to sleep...I had also not gotten any sleep the night before so that helped...One girl who was getting tattooed also commented to me that she has no idea how I could have fallen asleep while getting tattooed...

I fell asleep when I was getting stuff done on my ankle years ago. The dude started buggin thinking I passed out.

I'll take pics in a few

Dude, I like how he used different thickness for the line work. How was that key on you're shin? Its a weird feeling when you go along that flesh/bone line in the middle of you shin. Kinda the same feeling you get when someone scratches a chalkboard with their fingernails. Be sure to update pics as it progresses.

BTW... who's your artist?

Dude, I like how he used different thickness for the line work. How was that key on you're shin? Its a weird feeling when you go along that flesh/bone line in the middle of you shin. Kinda the same feeling you get when someone scratches a chalkboard with their fingernails. Be sure to update pics as it progresses.

I was thinking the same thing, damn those lines are thick, hope he didn't go back over them to make them thicker, that fucking kills.

I got it done by Greg Lodato at Millenium Tattoo in Newburgh NY. With the exception of some of the clouds, everything was double outlined , which was no biggie. The Key wasn't bad at all, except at the top where theres just knee meat, that shit felt great this morning, haha. He was very particular about the outline being just the right thickness so the background really pops once colored in.