PO: Spring Heeled Jack - both LP reissues!

shortest preorder ever... these will stat shipping Monday.

http://asbestosrecords.bigcartel.com/

limited to 500 copies each on Black Vinyl, most of these copies are going to the 2 Reunion shows this weeked... but we wanted to throw up some copies for you guys who can't make the shows... future members of Less than Jake, The Bosstones, and Reel Big Fish.

Spring Heeled Jack - Static World View

Spring Heeled Jack - Songs from Suburbia

the band was absoultely brilliant at the two shows.

Friday nights set was simply perfect. They came out of the gates with both guns blazing, the set list was stacked perfectly and it was a great reminder of how special the band really was.

Saturday night's set wasn't quite as perfect of set list as the flow of the songs wasn't nearly as smooth..but where they lacked in song flow, they gained in unpredictability...even throwing in a song they hadn't played the previous night, just to keep things fresh and never for a moment going through the motions and half assing a single song.

the weekend was a reminder of how absolutely powerful of a live band they were, and that bitter reminder that they were the band that should have blown up. They had the personality, the genre bending and blending abilities, the chops - goddamn this band did not have a weak link. ...and the added bonus of their switch-hitter front men capabilities to keep things fresh, almost always switching back and forth every song where Mike and Ron would switch off on guitar duties and singing lead.

On Friday and Saturday Coolie Ranx of the Pilfers joined them on stage to help sing Man of Tomorrow. Saturday night Vinny Noble of the Pilfers (and the Pietasters that night who opened the show) also joined in for a song or two(along with the rest of the Pietasters horn section).

It was a family affair kind of night, there was so much love in the room, I can't even explain it.

Being in that room and seeing them play again was truly inspiring. The two nights were recorded, I hope wone day there will be some sort of release of those recordings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

having just joined/found this board about a week or two ago.. and having also just randomly seen the songs from suburbia LP in a local hot topic (not the one I would normally go to), I had no idea these were available. Must say I am surprised there are still copies available but not upset I'll tell you that. I remember one show at the tune inn where I was standing in line for about 90 minutes and had to hear the pilfers opening set from outside (I think this was the day they were supposed to play two shows in one day or something?). Eventually got in for the whole SHJ set which was killer of course.

Stoked to pick these up.