Phantom Planet and Fueled By Ramen

Why is it weird?

I know FBR has some big bands in Fall Out Boy and Paramore, but Phantom Planet was a mildly popular band on a major label. Most of their success came from the song "California" which was the theme song to the O.C., but they also had Jason Schwartzmen (the actor) as a drummer for a bit.

Solid band though.

i don't understand this. i hope the band can score some success again, but it just seems weird, they've hung out in mediocrity for the past 5 years. it's like roadrunner signing megadeth this late in the game.

That's a pretty good description of why I think it's weird. Their first two records, "...Is Missing" and "The Guest" are great, great pop rock records, but man that third one suck'd teh ballz. I hope they can redeem themselves.

i guess they must have done something right. regardless of how good any records were, they weren't a big seller, just had California going for them. I don't know, it just seems to frustrating. I feel like I want to be happy, but if this band continues to hang out and I'm spending lots of time printing their shirts and scarves, I'm just gonna be bummed.

i guess they must have done something right. regardless of how good any records were, they weren't a big seller, just had California going for them. I don't know, it just seems to frustrating. I feel like I want to be happy, but if this band continues to hang out and I'm spending lots of time printing their shirts and scarves, I'm just gonna be bummed.

Do you work for FBR or something?

Do you work for FBR or something?

eric the red and i used to, and at they are clients of ours at the new shop.