ANYONE HAD DEALINGS WITH ROTTENTONE ????

punksville

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest markovianprocess

Wow, this guy's feedback is down to 72.6%!

Feedback highlights:

sickoandy80 - Never got my item! but I swear I'll find you ..you piece of shit!

shumez666 - this guys just a little b!tch rips everyone off never sends items never responds

bfollick - Never got the record... guy is a complete ass hat.

Hey guys. I just feel like I should give our two cents at Red Sound also. Everything went down basically how Annie said; Mike at Rottentone got in touch with us to press the vinyl and Annie said she wanted to offer it to their other two labels before they could give it to Rottentone. They declined, so Rottentone got the release. In all honesty, and to Rottentone's credit, Mike has been very accommodating and helpful through the entire process; he updated Annie and I on the progress of the vinyl, artwork, and pictures, and would get back to us the same day we would email him.

Yeah, it sucks that this is being delayed, but as Annie said, please be patient. I know people feel like they've gotten the runaround, but these things sometimes happen. I would be a lot more worried if I hadn't seen the pictures of the records (you can see them on our twitter account twitter.com/redsound), and actually delays like this happen all the time, even with bigger indies (for example, the new Leatherface by No Idea has had several vinyl issued this year, just ask them). It can be a nightmare, but again, I can understand where everyone is coming from. Sorry everyone feels this way. Information sometimes can be very reassuring. If anyone starts getting their vinyl, please post about it, and again, sorry about the delays.

-Red Sound

Hey guys. I just feel like I should give our two cents at Red Sound also. Everything went down basically how Annie said; Mike at Rottentone got in touch with us to press the vinyl and Annie said she wanted to offer it to their other two labels before they could give it to Rottentone. They declined, so Rottentone got the release. In all honesty, and to Rottentone's credit, Mike has been very accommodating and helpful through the entire process; he updated Annie and I on the progress of the vinyl, artwork, and pictures, and would get back to us the same day we would email him.

Yeah, it sucks that this is being delayed, but as Annie said, please be patient. I know people feel like they've gotten the runaround, but these things sometimes happen. I would be a lot more worried if I hadn't seen the pictures of the records (you can see them on our twitter account twitter.com/redsound), and actually delays like this happen all the time, even with bigger indies (for example, the new Leatherface by No Idea has had several vinyl issued this year, just ask them). It can be a nightmare, but again, I can understand where everyone is coming from. Sorry everyone feels this way. Information sometimes can be very reassuring. If anyone starts getting their vinyl, please post about it, and again, sorry about the delays.

-Red Sound

I dont think Red Sound manufactured my epiphone Tom Delonge Guitar. 3 MONTHS!

A few people are missing the point of this thread - A lot of us are not maoning about a Pre-order , we are pissed off as a record Rottentone said he had in hand - THAT HE HAS SENT - has not arrived so its blatantly obvious after 3 months that he has never sent them - and its blatantly obvious he has done this on numerous occasions judging by the number of complaints. IF he has personal problems then he should at least be honest but his silence speaks volumes. I suggest someone files a fraud complaint against him and gets the police involved. Personally I hope he gets banged up and ends up as someones bitch for a few months, pretty sure that would wipe the smile off his face.

Yeah; I don't think I've seen a single person blaming the Soviettes or anything for that whole record situation. 99% of complaints with Rottentone in general seem to be about having paid him for (non-Soviettes-related) items, and not only not receiving them, but straight up being lied to over and over. I already got my money back through PayPal dispute, but it's still a bummer that this had to happen (and I would have much preferred to get the record). I just don't understand why he would keep lying about shipping stuff - obviously we're going to know it was a lie when it doesn't get here.

In this thread alone, almost 15 people have mentioned disputes with him that have nothing to do with whining about a long pre-order... clearly this is not just some misunderstanding or record release delay. Shit, most of us would have been absolutely fine waiting awhile to receive our shit if only we had just received an honest explanation.

Name: Michael Mitchell

Email: [email protected] or [email protected]

eBay Username: rottentone

myspace: http://www.myspace.com/rottentonerecords

Big Cartel: http://rottentonerecords.bigcartel.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Rottentone-Records/320834066710?ref=search

And according to ebay feedback his exact address is:

6401 Warner Ave

• 3 weeks later...
haven't dealt with this guy, but just chiming in to say that the address is an apartment complex, unless there is a listing at the front with a name on a mailbox i doubt you could find where he lives.

EDIT: deleted.

probably not a good idea, in case one of you went and shot the guy or something.