ANYONE HAD DEALINGS WITH ROTTENTONE ????

punksville

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've been waiting for a month and a half for a record I won from him on eBay. I contacted him twice - first asking if it had shipped yet, and he said yes, and then later asking for the tracking number so I could see if the post office just fucked up and didn't leave a slip or something, and he said he would get it to me, but hasn't yet, so I'm out around $20 as of right now too.

Guest ilikepenguins

oh dear, you should have filed a dispute weeks ago! i just filled my dispute. i just have a funny feeling about the transaction and don't have time to deal with assholes.

I'm waiting on a record that came out years ago, so it's definitely not that in my case. Also, I'm definitely not the type to complain after even several weeks of not receiving something. I just check in at that point. And with these other people too, it definitely seems like something's up, which is really unfortunate because out of all the transactions I've had, both here and on eBay, this is only the second time ever that I've had a problem.

will never deal with this guy again

Are you the one who made a comment in a post about him flipping, and then he left you negative feedback on eBay despite a good transaction? I remember being nervous to buy from him on eBay after that but I went for it... apparently a mistake, haha. Though if he sends the record or a refund now, it'll be all good.

Ha! This guy is a mess. Long story ahead, so watch out... he bought a record from me on eBay and sent this when he got it:

"Hey I just got the record today and Im really unsatisfied. The corners are bent to hell and it cost you 80 cents to mail it and i got charged 4 bucks for shipping. normally i wouldnt give a shit but it took 2 weeks to get here and the jacket is screwed up. I dont want to leave you bad feedback so please help me fix this."

So I responded and told him that media mail can take two weeks - and that the 80 cents was for delivery confirmation and not for shipping as a whole. I asked if the box was messed up, or the vinyl. He responds:

"the boxes corners are a little bent but im assuming its from be shuffled around inside the box. the shipping is correct and for that i apologize. i already asked usps and they said there is nothing they can do cause you didnt insure the package. so i dont know what to do but when i spend that much money on a record i expect it to arrive perfect. Im not saying its your fault but i need something done about this. you can return me half the money and i will still leave you positive feedback or if you have something else in mind let me know cause i dont want to have to open a paypal claim over this. thanx"

So I am real concerned because this guys seems real sketch, so I tell him there is no way in hell I'm going to send back half the money, and that if he has a problem, he can return the record and I'll just refund it - honestly just hoping he wouldn't want to send it back or deal with me - apparently it worked. He says:

"Nah just forget i dont want to hassle with the post office and paying the shipping back to you. Im already out 35 bucks now and stuck with a messed up record."

He's a liar, and a bad dude. I asked for pictures of it three times so I could verify, and have NEVER had a record messed up in shipment.

hahahahahahahah fuck this asshat. i remember when those bad religion, rancid, and nofx records came out at hot topic he was flipping all those records. he was claiming not to flip anything and got caught redhanded. i had to drive 50+ miles all over orange county from irvine to brea to cerritos just to get that nofx record. and when i called before hand to verify they had it and refused to give me a copy cuz some guy named 'mike' claimed all of them, i was fucking pissed since this happened at multiple hot topics. EVEN though i called in and asked them to hold one for me. bullshit. but whatever, got my green copy im over it now.

Glad I started this thread - obviously the guys a Asshole - a lot of people have been burned and hopefully no one else will be takem in by him. I checked the link to his feedback on Ebay and hes sold the White Alkaline trio lp I traded him .( he at least admitted getting it from me ).anyway Ive still not got a RED this addiction if anybody can help.

no wonder ebay thrives when dicks like Rottentone spoil record trading and collecting.