Attn Virgil - RE In The Red Vol 1.5 Series

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Com'on Virgil....as you're not replying to e-mails or pm's , i guess you don't give a fuck about the couple of hundred people who put their hard earned cash into this subscription but you continue posting new threads on here about new stuff coming out !!

Man up and either send us the remaining 2 records or our money back as this has gone on for long enough now !!

Hello friends, i am sorry that I have not been in direct communication with you about the In the Red Volume 1.5 Subscription series. As you already know the plan for this subscription series didn't exactly pan out as I had hoped it would. I am very, very sorry to say that I have only now put into production volumes 1.5.3 and 1.5.4. The good news is that instead of waiting for each 1 to come out individually, we will be sending them both together.

If you have any questions or frustrations you want to send my way, please do so. I really don't have a good excuse as to why these haven't come out in a more timely manner. I will be talking to my pressing plant early next week and will see if i can get these records turned around more quickly than their normal turn around time.

Thanks for your understanding and thanks for supporting In the Red.

Any excuses yet or just general laziness still?

Just a guess: The subscription series was only ordered by a ridiculously low amount of people, far less than the 300 sets offered. Hence no money to finish the final two seven inches. (And didn't VC give copies of Vol. 1.5.1 away during one of those cheap stuff sales? That would support the assumption of low initial sales.)

Might be wrong, so Virgil should feel free to correct me...

Doesnt matter what band it is. Virgil so far hasnt followed through with his plans. Unless his original plans were to take more then 12months to get these out. In which case he probably should of mentioned before taking a bunch of peoples money.

Oh, I'm with you. I was just putting it into a language he could better understand.

Just a guess: The subscription series was only ordered by a ridiculously low amount of people, far less than the 300 sets offered. Hence no money to finish the final two seven inches. (And didn't VC give copies of Vol. 1.5.1 away during one of those cheap stuff sales? That would support the assumption of low initial sales.)

This is probably right. Just like that Mock Orange LP that he did pre-orders for, but when no one cared he decided he wouldn't press it and moved it down the priority list, despite taking a bunch of peoples' money already.

I think you're dead on, but it's irrelevant. If you're only pressing them as you get the cash, then you sell one at a time, individually. Not as a subscription that is not going to be fulfilled. I, for one, was waiting until they were all released to buy, simply to save on shipping...now looks like it was a good decision for bigger reasons than that.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Reactions like yours are exactly the problem. If you feel fine getting bend over thats perfectly alright with me but don´t make people think it´s ok to take money and then not give them the records. It doesnt matter if its for 100 LP´s or 2 7"s. No, this is not my biggest problem in the world right now but when it comes to record collecting this is fucked up behavior.

if youre a paying customer, you have a right to ask. thats all that needs to be said.

Agreed. But he isn't just asking. He's bitching and moaning about it, talking shit on Virgil and his label and being a bit dramatic about the whole thing.

If I were Virgil, I probably would be ignoring him too. I'd be much more likely to respond to someone who wasn't obviously such a huge asshole.

if youre a paying customer, you have a right to ask. thats all that needs to be said.

Agreed. But he isn't just asking. He's bitching and moaning about it, talking shit on Virgil and his label and being a bit dramatic about the whole thing.

If I were Virgil, I probably would be ignoring him too. I'd be much more likely to respond to someone who wasn't obviously such a huge asshole.

maybe so but ignoring the question doesnt fan the flames of anything. it just makes him look bad as well.

Seems to me this is a last resort after several attempts to contact via email/pm.

What's the problem with talking shit if Virgil took money and hasn't fulfilled his end of the bargain?

He´s been asking for a long time without any response. The only huge asshole I can see is VC...