Lazy Sunday...

jhulud

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada Post is now on extended Xmas hours and I just got a package of whip-ass records in the mail today!

word. i got a great couple of packages. high point today.

i DIDN'T get to sleep in despite staying up way too late, but my woman and i did some laundry, got cleaned up, went to Wendy's for a jalapeno cheddar melt, tried to get out to moose jaw to see her family but the wind and snow made that very difficult/impossible so we came home and had a nap. now i'm up and in a little while we're going to my parents for dinner and to decorate a christmas tree.

it's not so bad as long as you only stay there for the day. i lived there for four years before i knew any better, so it's cool. we usually spend most of the time hanging out with her family, which is cool. plus the galaxy theatre there is like six dollar for a movie, so we usually watch at least one per trip.

Guest scriptedrain

When do you like being a Buffalo Bills fan?

haha

you just won a spot on my signature

and to answer your question its a complicated love hate relationship

ps who is your team??

Hahaha sweet. My team is the Dallas Cowboys (and have been for life). They lost today, but they have a first round bye so they're just playing the last 3 games for home field (which as today shows doesn't mean a lot).

Slept in till 2, watched the Browns/Bills game, spent an hour shoveling my driveway then broke said snow shovel on the very last scoop of snow. Went back inside, changed clothes, and went out to buy a new snow shovel (which is much harder than you think -- who knew Home Depot closed at 6 on Sundays?).

who knew Home Depot closed at 6 on Sundays?).

I actually found that out last week. hahaha

What sucked is that I was there at, like, 6:12 and would've been there sooner had I not stopped at CVS along the way to see if they sold shovels. Thankfully, the Target nearby was still open and I bought some monstrosity that claims it will "NEVER BREAK" or something.

I actually found that out last week. hahaha

What sucked is that I was there at, like, 6:12 and would've been there sooner had I not stopped at CVS along the way to see if they sold shovels. Thankfully, the Target nearby was still open and I bought some monstrosity that claims it will "NEVER BREAK" or something.

I find it somewhat ridiculous that anything closes early on Sunday. Most people don't work on the weekend and therefore are MORE likely to go shopping.

haha

you just won a spot on my signature

and to answer your question its a complicated love hate relationship

ps who is your team??

Hahaha sweet. My team is the Dallas Cowboys (and have been for life). They lost today, but they have a first round bye so they're just playing the last 3 games for home field (which as today shows doesn't mean a lot).

That monday night game I almost threw up. Ughhh. I think you have the only NFC team that can beat the pats. So I'll root for em'

Guest scriptedrain

That monday night game I almost threw up. Ughhh. I think you have the only NFC team that can beat the pats. So I'll root for em'

Yeah, I immediately wrote about it on my blog after that game.

Before today, New England was the only team that beat Dallas this season, but we did give 'em a little bit of a run late in the game (which is a big deal this year). If an NFC team could hold up with New England in February, I would only consider Dallas and Green Bay and bet on neither. They both have a surprising running game, mobile QBs who usually find ways to complete passes, and a defense that could slightly contain all of the Patriots' weapons. I think the NFC team would HAVE TO get lucky because New England's worst day seems to be better than everyone else's average.

I think this year has proved one thing though... as great as Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are as quarterbacks, teams need wide receiver threats. The Colts have been without Harrison and the Patriots have had Moss and you can see the effects.

28 Weeks Later (she hasn't seen it yet).

Good choice...just as good as 28 Days Later...will not say it's better or worse b/c it's a different vibe...

hmm....I have yet to see Weeks later, but what was awesome about Days later was the mood. I'm still wanting to see this, but that sounds like it could be bad.

I'm saying if they changed the mood (which I really liked about the first one) the second could be potentially bad (as in not good), but I have been hearing good things about the movie either way. I'm definitely going to check it out at some point.

Oh no, if anything, the mood in Weeks was way more intense. I actually enjoyed it even more than the first.

Oh ok...The pacing of the story and action of the second one is much faster than the first one. I was very skeptical at first when I heard that Danny Boyle was not directing it...but after reading that he specifically picked the director, Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, and was still going to be involved, and then watching it, my worries were put to rest.