Tegan and Sara - The Business of Art LP

I don't remember seeng anything posted about this here...

http://piratespress.com/rotw/

Last but not least is the much-anticipated vinyl release of TEGAN AND SARA’s “This Business of Art”. This one came out really great with its reverse-board jacket, printed insert, and classic black vinyl… Good choice in giving this record the format it deserves!

BAND: Tegan and Sara

LABEL: Sire Records

LABEL WEBSITE: www.sirerecords.com

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ATP: The vinyl box set coming out soon. Will it be the back catalogue, just repressed?

Sara: Except for the first record, 'Under Feet Like Ours'. Warner doesn't own it, so we would have to sell it to them. It'll be 'The Business Of Art', 'If It Was You', 'So Jealous', 'The Con', 'Sainthood' and a separate demos vinyl, in a box set.

Tegan: They all have the old covers, but we've revamped all the layouts, made sure it's all sorted. There's a reprinting, because up until 'So Jealous', Warner has a vinyl label, and they are reprinting and reissuing their entire back catalogue. They pitched to us, if we wanted to put it all in one place, and then take demos from the records and press that on vinyl as well.

Sara: There will be some extras, like how we did with the book set. It'll come with a limited edition signed poster. I think the key is that the box is rad. It's a tasteful boxset, and we've never put out any of our demos before. There are probably a few that people haven't heard before.

• 3 weeks later...

[image]

from http://teganandsara.com/

Our parents had a lot of vinyl. Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, The Pretenders…an Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas Collection… The record player was stacked on top of an amp with impossibly large speakers on the floor layered with dust next to it. I was too young to be trusted with actual operation of the stereo, so I busied myself staring at the album artwork and torturing my cats with the vinyl brush. Soon enough I was DJ of my own Cassette Tape player and shed no tears when the turntable and vinyl collection disappeared from our lives.

Who knew what we were all missing!

Over the years we’ve manufactured small runs of vinyl for our tours and for limited sales online, but today we’re so thrilled to announce that we’ve gone ahead and collected ALL of our albums into one sleek box set! This Business of Art, If It Was You, So Jealous, The Con and Sainthood, plus we’ve included a special record called Home Recordings that includes demos of Fix You Up, Dark Come Soon, the Ocean and more!

This was particularly fun because some of them haven’t been heard publicly before! Just like my parent’s vinyl collection (that really only exists in my memories now…) these demos are audio snapshots of the songs that went on to become very important parts of our musical history. I’m so glad that we’re able to offer them with this really special collection!!

The box artwork is designed by EE STOREY, and pre-orders will also include a special limited edition poster (signed by us) inside as well.

The pre-order starts this Wednesday, July 28. Check back here then for more info and links to buy!

sara